Children travelling alone
Give your local reservations office 24 hours’ notice if you’re making travel plans for your child on board a Cathay Pacific or Cathay Dragon flight, and we’ll take care of the rest – from the airport all the way to his or her destination.
Please note that if your booking involves a transfer exceeding five hours or the connecting flight does not leave from the same airport, you will be unable to use this service.
If your child is aged 6-17 years old, travelling alone, or accompanied by someone who isn’t 18 years old yet, you can register your child as an unaccompanied minor when you make your reservation with us.
If your child is aged six to under 12 years old, you must register them as an unaccompanied minor when they travel. The only exception to this rule would be if they accompanied by an adult passenger who is at least 18 years old.
You are not required to make any special arrangements for your children aged 12 to under 18 years old when they travel. However, you can still register them as unaccompanied minors for a nominal fee if you would like us to take care of them for you.
- If the flight is delayed for more than 60 minutes of a scheduled departure time, we will let you know. We would also recommend that you stay at the airport until your child’s flight departs.
- We can take care of your child from 90 minutes prior to departure. Of course, you are free to check them in earlier if necessary.
- The adult nominated to meet your child at the destination airport will need to provide proof of identification before we let your child go with them.
- To ensure our crew are able to identify and assist the child passenger in the event of emergency in a timely manner, unaccompanied minors travelling in Economy Class will be required to be seated in a specially designated zone.
There are special booking fees and surcharges that will be applied, based on sector:
- Between Hong Kong and all destinations in Africa, Europe, the Middle East, North America, the South Asia Subcontinent and Southwest Pacific: HKD800/USD100
- Other routes: HKD400/USD50