Payment and ticket delivery
Currently, we accept
- Diners Club (temporarily not accepted for journey that commences from Bangladesh, China, Africa, Hungary, Sri Lanka, Nepal, India, Qatar, Russia Federation)
- American Express (temporarily not accepted for journey that commences from China, Mongolia and Nepal)
- JCB (temporarily not accepted for journey that commences from China, Nepal and India)
- PPS (for journey commences from Hong Kong only)
- IDeal (for journey commences from Netherlands only)
- Sofort Banking (for journey commences from Germany)
- UATP (temporarily not accepted for journey that commences from China and India)
- Union Pay (temporarily not accepted for journey that commences from Bangladesh, Denmark, Hungary, India, New Zealand, Sweden, Africa)
- PayPal (for journey commences from United Kingdom, France, Germany, Austria, Portugal, Finland, Greece, Spain, Italy, Maldives, Netherland, Luxembourg, Belgium, USA, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, Israel , Philippines, Singapore, Saudi Arabia only)
- Alipay (for journey commences from China or select China locale and commences from Hong Kong)
- WeChat Pay (for journey commences from China or select China locale and commences from Hong Kong)
- PAYU (for journey commences from India)
Please note: The physical credit card used to pay for tickets must be presented by the cardholder for verification at check-in, or when collecting the tickets. Otherwise the cardholder must present the physical card used at the nearest Cathay Pacific Ticketing Office for verification prior to the flight departure.
If the credit card used is renewed with a new card number by the credit card issuer between the time of ticket purchase and time of verification, please retain and present the original credit card for verification.
The cardholder does not need to book and travel. The carrier reserves the right to deny boarding or collect a guarantee payment (in cash or from a new credit card) should you fail to present the card originally used.
In addition: If you choose Visa, MasterCard, American Express or JCB for payment, you may be required to enter your personal password on a secure page for authentication to complete the online purchase; if Verified by Visa, MasterCard® SecureCode™, American Express SafeKey® or J/Secure™ security feature is enabled by your credit card company.
Please sign up for Verified by Visa, MasterCard® SecureCode™, American Express SafeKey® and J/Secure™ with your credit card company if you have not yet registered!
Our online booking facility utilizes the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology – an industry-standard method for protecting web communications. Data is encrypted (turned into code) before transmission to prevent it from being intercepted.
Once you have confirmed your booking online, we will immediately issue a debit note to your credit card company. This applies even if you decide to change your travel plans right after. Please contact our Global Contact Centres should you like to rearrange your travel plans or would like to seek a refund. Please note that refund and/or cancellation charges may apply according to applicable fare conditions.
"Hold Your Fare" allows you to confirm your seat with a deposit when making a booking on CX.com.
The booking will be put on hold for 72 hours. You can log into Manage Booking to complete the payment. If payment is not made within 72 hours after the booking has been put on hold, the reservation will be released and the deposit will be charged. All of our Marco Polo Club members can enjoy the "Hold Your Fare" service for free, provided that they log in with their membership number when they make bookings on our website.
"Hold Your Fare" can only be offered if the seat is confirmed at least 7 days (168hours) before the departure time and date."
Within the holding period, you can pay online by simply logging in to Manage Booking using your name and Booking Reference Number.
Once our system verifies that your booking is eligible for processing with online payment, a “Complete the payment process now” button appears under your flight booking details. Click on that button to pay for your reservation.
No. "Hold Your Fare" does not apply to certain types of offers and promotions. The option to select “Pay Later” will be available only if "Hold Your Fare" applies to the offer.
No, once a booking that has been put on hold you are not permitted to modify any details. If you wish to make any changes, a new booking is needed but the deposit cannot be transferred.
No, the deposit will not be added to the ticket price. The deposit will be charged when the booking that has been put on hold was not completed during the holding period.
The “Complete the payment process now” button will not appear when our system determines that the ticket is not eligible for online payment. You may contact the local reservations office for assistance.