You have turned off cookies for this site. Please enable cookies for a better browsing experience.
Please upgrade your web browser
You’re using a browser that we don’t support. To get the best experience using our site, we recommend you upgrade to a newer browser – please see our supported browsers list.

Passports and visas

Make sure you travel with a valid passport and relevant visa so you can have an enjoyable trip.

Hong Kong

Visa and transit information

Passengers visiting or transiting in Hong Kong can learn more about the visa and entry permit requirements at the Hong Kong Immigration Department website.


Pre-arrival registration for Taiwan residents entering Hong Kong

Taiwan residents who wish to visit Hong Kong can submit their pre-arrival registration online or find out more at the Hong Kong Immigration Department website.

Arrival card for passengers travelling to Taiwan

Effective from 1 July 2015, the Taiwan National Immigration Agency requires all inbound Taiwan foreign passengers to fill in an "Online Arrival Card".

Passengers who are required to fill in an Arrival Card:

  • Foreigners without an ROC (Taiwan) resident certificate, a diplomatic ID card or a resident visa.
  • Mainland Chinese with a multiple entry and exit permit for the purpose of sightseeing.
  • Hong Kong and Macau residents with a single/multiple entry and exit permit, excluding those who enter Taiwan with an online entry permit, landing entry permit or ROC (Taiwan) resident certificate.
  • Nationals without household registration and without an ROC (Taiwan) resident certificate.
  • Please fill in an Arrival Card for immigration inspection upon arrival each time.
  • Please provide complete information when filling in the Arrival Card. If the information is found to be incomplete, you will be required to fill in a paper Arrival Card for immigration inspection.
  • The field for your English name only accepts English letters and spaces.
  • If Chinese information is required, please enter the information in traditional Chinese.
  • Printout is not required.

For more information, please visit Taiwan National Immigration Agency.