1. Why should I purchase a package from your website?
With our “Dynamic Package”, now you can create your own package with added flexibility by combining the flight(s) you want and where you want to stay. The package price will change depending on the real-time availability of flights and hotels so you can travel at your convenience and at great value. *Depending on the time of the booking, the price of the package will vary even if the selections are the same.
2. What is the maximum number of travellers I can include when making a booking?
A maximum of 9 travellers can be included in the booking. Infants under the age of 2 cannot be included in the booking.
3. What is the maximum number of rooms I can add when making a booking?
A maximum of 6 rooms can be included in the booking and the number of travellers cannot exceed 9. To book more than 6 rooms or if you have more than 9 passengers, you will need to split the total number of travellers and make separate bookings.
4. When does the contract of the package become effective?
After successfully settling the payment with credit card, the contract becomes effective immediately.
5. If special assistance (such as wheelchair or mobility aids) during the trip is required, should I request for assistance when making the booking?
To provide you with the best possible service, please let us know as far in advance as possible about any special requirements by calling our Japan Reservation hotline.
6. Can I put my name on the waiting list if the package that I want to book is full?
We do not have a waiting list for booking a package.
7. Can I book packages via phone, email or on your website?
You may contact our call centre where our staff will be happy to assist on your travel booking needs.
8. Once I have booked a package, when will I receive the confirmation email, travel itinerary and e-ticket?
After you have successfully settled payment for the package with your credit card, the confirmation email, travel itinerary and e-ticket will be sent to the email address entered at the beginning of the booking.
9. How do I settle payment for the package?
You will need to settle payment by credit card as bank remittance is not available.
10. If I am booking for more than one traveller, can I settle the payment for each traveller individually?
No, if you have made one booking for several travellers, you must settle the payment altogether.
11. How can I cancel my booking?
Since cancellation of a booked package via our website is not available, please contact our Japan Reservation hotline.
12. Is there a cancellation charge and if yes, how will it be applied?
Depending on when you make the cancellation, cancellation charges will apply from 30 days (or 40 days for peak periods) prior to the departure date of the booked package. For more details, please refer to Terms and Conditions for Agent-organised Tour.
13. If the name used for booking the package differs from the name on the traveller’s passport, what should I do?
If the name used for booking and the name on the passport does not match, please cancel the existing booking and create another booking using the name on the passport.
*Please note that a cancellation charge may apply depending on when you make the cancellation and the same flights or hotels may not be available after you have cancelled the existing booking.
*You cannot board the flight if the name on the boarding ticket does not match the name on your passport. If you have changed your name, please use the name in your passport when booking.
14. Can I change the details of the package after the booking has been completed?
Due to the product’s nature which reflects real-time changes, you cannot make any changes to the flight, hotel, room type, bed type, number of nights, the number of travellers and their names. To make changes, you will need to cancel the existing booking and create a new booking. The price of the package is dependent on the timing of the booking and may differ from the original booking, regardless if the selections are the same. No extra handling fees will be placed on top of the package and no refund will be provided if the price of the newly booked package is higher than the previous booking you made.
* In case of cancellation, a cancellation charge may apply or the same flights/hotels as your cancelled booking may not be available for booking.
15. Can I add or reduce the number of travellers?
You cannot add or reduce the number of travellers on a completed booking so please create another booking for the additional travellers.
*A cancellation charge may apply if you reduce the number of travellers 30 days (or 40 days for peak periods) prior to the departure date of the booked package.
16. Can I choose different ports for departure and arrival?
Departure port and arrival port must be the same.
17. Can I select a seat for my flight in advance?
You can select your seat starting from 180 days prior to departure until 55 hours prior to departure by visiting our website and clicking on to “Manage Booking” after receiving your e-ticket. Should there be sudden aircraft changes, you will not be able to select your seat or your selections may be changed.
*For certain booking subclasses, seat selections may not be allowed.
18. Can I earn Asia Miles by taking Cathay Pacific flights?
If you are the member of The Marco Polo Club or Asia Miles, you can automatically earn miles by entering your account number when making a booking. *Miles cannot be earned for certain booking subclasses. Please refer to Asia Miles website for details.
19. Can I earn miles or points for other airlines by travelling on Cathay Pacific?
Depending on the booking subclass, you may be able to earn miles or points when flying with us, but please contact the specific airline directly to check if the miles or points earned can be used on other airlines.
20. Can I share the hotel room with other travellers who are departing from different ports or on a different day?
No. You can only share the room with travellers who are departing from the same port and on the same day as you.
21. Can I choose to stay at a hotel for part of the trip?
Yes, depending on your preference, you can stay at a hotel for a selected part of the trip.