Child restraint seat
Child restraint seat
If you have infants or children between 0 and 36 months (under 3 years) old, you can consider bringing your own child restraint seat on board (please note that booster seats are not permitted). The consistency of using your own personal child restraint seat that your child is familiar with offers the sense of security and comfort that an unfamiliar one would not.
Travelling with a child restraint seat
- A separate passenger seat must be purchased for the infant/child occupying the child restraint seat.
- The infant/child occupying the child restraint seat must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or travel companion of at least 18 years of age, occupying an adjacent passenger seat.
- The parent/ travel companion's is responsible for installing the child restraint seat onto the passenger seat.
- Due to safety requirements, safety seats may not be used on some of our aircraft passenger seats.
Please refer to the table below on whether installation of a child restraint seat is available in the cabin class and aircraft assigned to your flight. As not all aircraft seats are compatible, we also highly recommend that you call our Customer Care or your travel agent at least 48 hours prior to departure, to confirm that your child restraint seat can be used.
|Aircraft Type||First Class||Business Class||Premium Economy Class||Economy Class|
|777-300ER (77W/ 77A)#||Applicable||Not applicable||Applicable||Applicable|
|777-300ER (77W/ 77K)#||Not applicable1||Not applicable||Applicable||Applicable|
|777-300 (773/77P)*||Not applicable1||Not applicable||Not applicable1||Applicable
|A350-900 (359/35G)#||Not applicable1||Applicable||Applicable||Applicable|
|A350-1000 (351/35J)#||Not applicable1||Applicable||Applicable||Applicable|
|A330-300 (333/ 33K)||Not applicable1||Not applicable||Applicable||Applicable|
|A330- 300 (333/33E)||Not applicable1||Not applicable||Not applicable1||Applicable|
|A330- 300 (333/33J)||Not applicable1||Not applicable||Not applicable1||Applicable|
|A330-300 (333/33P)*||Not applicable1||Not applicable||Not applicable1||Applicable|
|A330-300 (333/33B)||Not applicable1||Not applicable||Not applicable1||Applicable|
|A330-300 (333/33C)*||Not applicable1||Not applicable||Not applicable1||Applicable|
|A330-300 (333/33R)||Applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable1||Applicable|
|A330-300 (333/33H)||Not applicable1||Not applicable||Not applicable1||Applicable|
|A321-200 (321/321)||Not applicable1||Not applicable||Not applicable1||Applicable|
|A321neo (32Q/32Q)||Not applicable1||Not applicable||Not applicable1||Applicable|
|A320-200 (320/320)||Not applicable||Not applicable1||Not applicable||Applicable|
*On selected aircraft, a personal infant/child child restraint seat cannot be taken on board
# Child restraint seats are unable to install on selected seats as those seats are equipped with airbag seat belt
1The cabin class is not available on this aircraft used, therefore the seat or harness cannot be set up
The child restraint seat needs to be
- For infants or children aged between 0 and 36 months (under 3 years) old
- Forward-facing and in operational condition
- Rear-facing child restraint seats are also permitted if the use of such seat will not cause any impact on other passengers’ comfort. You should contact our Customer Care to request for an assigned seat.
- Possess a well-defined shell (e.g. a plastic frame), and if there is a separate shell and understructure, they must be securely attached to each other
- Designed so you can quickly and easily secure and take care of your child
- Your child should not be able to easily adjust or loosen the harness straps of the child restraint seat. It should be a single-release harness that secures a child’s lap, torso and shoulders with a minimum width of 25 mm (1 in).
The inflight requirements of thechild restraint seat
- The child restraint seat must be secured to a passenger seat for the whole flight
- The adult safety belt should not be secured over your infant or child in thechild restraint seat with an integral harness. Nor should the adult safety seat buckle lie on any sub-frame of the child restraint seat after the belt is tightened and secure.
The seat must meet one of the following safety standards
- European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) ETSO-C100b
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) TSO-C100, TSO-C100a, TSO-C100b, or TSO-C100c
- European Safety Standard requirements of ECE Regulation 44
- United States Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard FMVSS 213
- Australia/New Zealand Standard (AS/NZS) 1754