Terms and conditions
Welcome to the Fly Greener carbon offset programme of Cathay Pacific Airways Limited ("Cathay Pacific"). Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. Your acceptance of them is required to proceed with this transaction.
- These terms and conditions apply to the Cathay Pacific Fly Greener carbon offset programme (the "Fly Greener Programme") described on this website.
- Any contribution you make to the Fly Greener Programme is voluntary.
- Your contribution will be used to acquire verified emission reductions ("VERs") from projects accredited under the Voluntary Carbon Standard or an equivalent or higher standard chosen by Cathay Pacific in its sole discretion. While Cathay Pacific takes all reasonable care to select VERs from projects, it makes no warranty with regard to the environmental or other benefits of those projects.
- The calculation methods used in the emissions calculator are an estimate only, using our internal emissions calculation tool which is based on historical flight data. The calculated emissions should not be relied upon as an accurate record of your actual emissions. We accept no liability if this calculation is incorrect or does not accurately reflect the actual greenhouse gas emissions attributable to your selected flight.
- A contribution may be made by a credit card payment or by redeeming Mileage Credits. All credit card payments will be made in Hong Kong dollars. Currency conversion quotes are provided only as reference and not as alternatives for payment purposes.
- Once you have given us your credit card details or Asia Miles details and clicked the "Pay / Redeem Now" button, these terms and conditions are considered to be accepted.
- There will be no refund of any contribution (including redeemed Mileage Credits) you make under the Fly Greener Programme under any circumstances, even if we cancel your flight or you do not travel on your scheduled flight. You are advised to read the content of the Fly Greener Programme website carefully in order to ensure that you understand the programme before completion of the transaction process.
- While Cathay Pacific has taken reasonable care to ensure the accuracy of the information relating to carbon offsetting provided on its website, this information may be subject to change at any time without notice to you. Cathay Pacific will not be liable for any inaccuracies in this information and does not guarantee that the information is up-to-date at all times, and excludes liability to the fullest extent permitted by any relevant law.
- Cathay Pacific may cancel or suspend the Fly Greener Programme in its absolute discretion at any time without giving notice to you.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. We may amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice to you. It is your responsibility to check for changes each time you make a new contribution.
- If this English version of the terms and conditions does not conform to other language versions, the English version shall prevail. In case of dispute, Cathay Pacific Airways Limited reserves the right to make a final decision.