Visa and transit information
Passengers visiting or transiting in Hong Kong can learn more about the visa and entry permit requirements at the Hong Kong Immigration Department website.
Passengers travelling on British National (Overseas) passports
The HKSAR government has announced that with effect from 31 January 2021, the British National (Overseas) passport will no longer be recognised as valid travel document or proof of identity.
Passengers travelling with Cathay Pacific to / and from Hong Kong are asked to note the following:
- BN(O) passport cannot be used for immigration clearance in Hong Kong. The Hong Kong residents concerned may continue to use their HKSAR Passports or Hong Kong Permanent Identity Cards for entering or departing Hong Kong;
- BN(O) passport cannot be used as any form of proof of identity in Hong Kong. The Hong Kong residents concerned may continue to use their Hong Kong Permanent Identity Cards as proof of identity;
- When passengers board flights for Hong Kong, airlines concerned must require Hong Kong residents travelling on a British National (Overseas) passport to present their HKSAR Passports or Hong Kong Permanent Identity Cards as proof;
- Hong Kong permanent residents who are not of Chinese nationality and do not hold other valid travel document may apply to the Immigration Department for Document of Identity for Visa Purposes for international travel.
Pre-arrival registration for Taiwan residents entering Hong Kong
Taiwan residents who wish to visit Hong Kong can submit their pre-arrival registration online or find out more at the Hong Kong Immigration Department website.
Arrival card for passengers travelling to Taiwan
Effective from 1 July 2015, the Taiwan National Immigration Agency requires all inbound Taiwan foreign passengers to fill in an "Online Arrival Card".
Passengers who are required to fill in an Arrival Card:
- Foreigners without an ROC (Taiwan) resident certificate, a diplomatic ID card or a resident visa.
- Mainland Chinese with a multiple entry and exit permit for the purpose of sightseeing.
- Hong Kong and Macau residents with a single/multiple entry and exit permit, excluding those who enter Taiwan with an online entry permit, landing entry permit or ROC (Taiwan) resident certificate.
- Nationals without household registration and without an ROC (Taiwan) resident certificate.
- Please fill in an Arrival Card for immigration inspection upon arrival each time.
- Please provide complete information when filling in the Arrival Card. If the information is found to be incomplete, you will be required to fill in a paper Arrival Card for immigration inspection.
- The field for your English name only accepts English letters and spaces.
- If Chinese information is required, please enter the information in traditional Chinese.
- Printout is not required.
For more information, please visit Taiwan National Immigration Agency.