Before you fly
Stretchers will be provided upon request and subject to availability. Please contact our reservations office 48 hours prior to scheduled departure time of your flight for arrangement.
Please note that our stretcher service has been temporarily suspended at Beijing Capital International Airport and Shanghai Pudong Airport.
- We have a weight limitation of 77kg (170 lb) for stretchers on most of our aircraft.
Passengers are required to complete a MEDA form, in which their body weight must be specified. The MEDA form should be submitted to your local reservation office at least 48 hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight. Please keep the original MEDA form and bring it with you on your trip.
Advice for passengers
- If you’re travelling on a stretcher, it is required to travel with a Safety Assistant who is trained to take care of your in-flight medical needs and to accompany you for extra assistance, especially in the event of an emergency.
- Supplementary oxygen can be provided.
- Advance notice of any medical equipment used inflight is required.
- You are also reminded to check in early for the flight, at least 2 to 3 hours before departure.
- The ambulance, hospitalization and medical escort should be arranged by the passenger.
Additional fees and charges
Additional fee is applied for stretcher service. Please contact our reservations office to obtain specific pricing information for your flight.
Our charges do not include:
- Ambulance, hospitalization, and other ground expense.
- The ticket(s) and expenses of your Safety assistant and/or medical escort.