Our refund policy
Prepaid extra baggage purchases are non-refundable except in the following scenarios:
- If your flight is cancelled by us
- If you upgrade to a higher cabin using Asia Miles, bookable upgrade or by paying the fare difference on the same route
- If you rebook your ticket from Economy Light fares to Economy Essential fares or Economy Flex fares on the same route
- If you rebook to another flight/date on the same route which falls within the blackout period
- If we rebook you onto a flight operated by another airline
If you encounter any of the above scenarios, you are entitled to apply for a refund for your prepaid extra baggage.
If you take less baggage than the amount of prepaid extra baggage, the unused portion is non-refundable.
How to make a refund request
Refunds can be requested within 30 days from your original flight departure date by contacting Customer Care.
Refunds will be made in the currency and original form of payment used during your purchase. If you have made the purchase with Miles Plus Cash, any used portion of your prepaid extra baggage, if applicable, will be deducted from the amount paid in cash first. Any outstanding amount will then be deducted from the amount paid by miles*. The remaining amount for the unused portion will be refunded in miles and/or cash accordingly.
*Please note the amounts paid in cash and miles during the purchase will be allocated proportionately among all flight tickets and travel extras purchased within a single transaction.