|Requirements1, 2, 3, 4, 5||Achieved by|
|Fly 2 sectors6, 7, 8 on
||31 December 2022|
|Earn miles on a Cathay Pacific or an Asia Miles co-branded credit cards11, 12, 13
||31 October 2022|
|Earn miles from finance partners or banking products12, 13, 15
|Shop with Cathay Pacific16, 17
Frequently asked questions
To show our appreciation for the long-term support and loyalty of our members, we’re extending Silver, Gold and Diamond memberships to 31 December 2022 automatically.
We value simplicity and want to make it as easy as possible to understand and remember the membership status extension period.
We understand that our members have not been able to travel as often due to Covid-19. To show our appreciation for your continuous support and loyalty, your Status Point balance will be carried forward to the end of 2022.
If you have not started your Membership Holiday, you can cancel it and your entitlement will be reinstated. If you’ve started your Membership Holiday, normally no change or cancellations can be made; however, for this exceptional situation, we will reinstate your entitlement. When you come back from your Membership Holiday in 2022, your membership will also be extended to 31 December 2022.
All Silver, Gold and Diamond members whose membership status expire in 2022 and have achieved one of the four conditions within the specified periods are eligible for a membership status extension until 31 December 2023.
We understand travel resumption is uncertain. We value our members and strive to support you by providing more ways to extend your status until 2023, while anticipating for the day when all of us can travel and fly freely again.
If you achieved one of the four conditions within the specified periods, your membership status will be extended to 31 December 2023 between December 2022 and January 2023.
Your status will be determined according to the Status Points you accrue in 2022 as well as the points carried over from 2021 year-end balance. The normal rules for status renewal and upgrade apply.
With the holiday seasons, we recognize end of the year is one of the peak travel periods. We would like to make it as easy as possible for our member to fulfil the condition, hence set the eligible period of flown sectors until December 2022.
No. The four conditions are mutually exclusive, you can enjoy the offer by fulfilling any one of the conditions. A combination of partially fulfilled conditions will not be considered. Members meeting multiple conditions will not be entitled to additional member extensions or upgrades.
Examples of eligible flight combinations for 2 flown sectors:
|1st sector||2nd sector|
(E.g. Hong Kong to Tokyo round trip)
|Hong Kong - Tokyo||Tokyo - Hong Kong|
(E.g. Hong Kong to Montreal)
|Hong Kong - Toronto||Toronto - Montreal|
|Mix of ticket types
(E.g. Purchased Cathay Pacific-operated flight & Asia Miles redemption flight on other carriers)
Hong Kong - Bangkok on Cathay Pacific Airways
Bangkok - Hong Kong on Bangkok Airways
Miles earned from Cathay Pacific or Asia Miles co-branded credit cards, with the exception of the Standard Chartered Cathay Mastercard, can be combined to reach the 15,000 miles requirement.
Standard Chartered Cathay Mastercard holders may combine the miles from other Cathay Pacific or Asia Miles co-branded credit cards to reach the 25,000 miles requirement.
Promotion and bonus miles earned from co-branded credit card are eligible.
Yes, you can combine the miles earned from different finance partners by converting credit card points to miles and via banking products to achieve the miles requirement.
Promotion and bonus miles earned from finance partners by converting credit card points to miles and via banking products are eligible.
Yes, you can accumulate and achieve the HKD5,000 / USD640 requirement on Cathay Pacific shop through several transactions and on different dates.
Terms and conditions
- The four conditions are mutually exclusive; you can enjoy the offer by fulfilling one of the conditions. A combination of partially fulfilled conditions will not be considered.
- Members meeting multiple conditions will not be entitled to additional member extensions or upgrades.
- The 2023 status extension will be from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023. The updated membership period will be reflected in members’ account by January 2023.
- Members aged 18 or below (i.e. members born on or after 1 Jan 2004) will be given an automatic membership extension until 31 December 2023.
- Cathay Pacific Airways Limited reserves the final right of decision towards the Cathay membership status extension.
- The flight tickets must be associated with your membership number, provided during the booking or check-in process.
- The flight must depart between 1 January 2022 and 31 December 2022.
- Ticketing Terms & Conditions apply.
- Certain fares and flights are not eligible for fulfilling the condition. These include staff travel, prize, other free tickets, and some codeshare flights.
- The flight tickets redeemed must be redeemed and flown by the member.
- The Asia Miles or Cathay Pacific co-branded credit card must be linked to your membership number to earn miles.
- Promotion miles earned from co-branded credit card, finance partners credit cards or banking products are eligible.
- Miles earned from co-branded credit card, finance partners credit cards or banking products are based on the miles credited to the membership account from 1 January 2022 to 31 October 2022.
- Miles can be earned on a combination of co-branded credit cards (except the Standard Chartered Cathay Mastercard).
- Miles earned from converting credit card points to miles or via banking products can be accumulated from a combination of different finance partners.
- The cash portion spending requirement on Cathay Pacific shop can be accumulated from 1 January 2022 to 31 October 2022.
- Selected products on Cathay Pacific shop require minimum miles. The miles portion on Cathay Pacific shop do not count towards the minimum spending.