- If your booking is eligible, you may receive an email invitation no less than four days prior to departure. Alternatively, please kindly check your eligibility on the Upgrade Bid Welcome page or Manage My Booking on cx.com. Bids must be in money, and lie within a preset range.
- You can make, change or cancel your Upgrade Bid any time before 50 hours to departure.
- If your Upgrade Bid is successful, expect an email notification 48 hours before departure. Only successful bids will be charged.
You will enjoy the full Premium Economy Class or Business Class experience (only one class upgrade is allowed, for details please refer to “Upgrade Eligibility”) on the flight associated with the bid, including enhanced food and beverage options, priority check-in, boarding and baggage handling. Do note that the fare conditions and baggage allowance of your ticket remain unchanged and any accrual of Asia Miles and club points will be based on the original ticket.
If you have already received an Upgrade Bid invitation email that was based on your original booking, it will not be re-sent according to your new dates. However, you can still go to Manage Booking or the Upgrade Bid Welcome Page to enter a bid, as long as your new itinerary is still eligible for bidding.
Although the value of the weighting will remain undisclosed, Marco Polo Club and Asia Miles members will have an advantage on their original bid, prioritised by tier in recognition of their loyalty and support.
Other upgrades such as Bookable Upgrades and redemptions will not be affected, as they will be confirmed before the bidding is opened.
Upgrades are selected based on seat availability, the number of offers received and other factors that are at Cathay’s sole discretion; as such there is no guarantee that your offer will be accepted, even at the highest permitted level.
The success of an offer depends on a combination of factors including but not limited to:
- The amount offered for the upgrade
- Competing offers
- The original fare class at which the ticket has been purchased
- Your Marco Polo Club tier
- Your Asia Miles membership
- The number of passengers in the same booking
- Success history on past offers
- The number of seats available for upgrades
- Whether you have checked into your flight in your original fare class, prior to the bidding window being closed (50 hours before departure)
To improve your chances of success, we recommend putting forward your best offer. If you are a member of Marco Polo Club, or an Asia Miles member, we will recognise your status by up-weighting your Upgrade Bid offer accordingly.
No, Asia Miles and club points will be earned in the original class. For more information, please visit asiamiles.com for mileage accrual or the Earning club points page for points accrual.