Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Cathay Pacific's Online Booking/Mobile Booking. Please review the following terms and conditions carefully. Your acceptance of these are required before the booking process can continue or be accepted by Cathay Pacific Airways Limited ("Cathay Pacific").
- These terms and conditions apply to all aspects of the booking process with Cathay Pacific, and are subject to the law of Hong Kong. They do not affect the contract of carriage itself (see clause 15). They may be amended at any time without notice, and the current version will apply to your booking. It is your responsibility to check for changes each time you book with us.
- The terms and conditions for cathaypacific.com apply to all booking related pages and functions.
- The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Cathay Pacific has endeavoured to ensure that all information is accurate. However, Cathay Pacific neither warrants nor makes any representations regarding the accuracy or completeness of the data or information sent out via Online Booking/Mobile Booking or the Cathay Pacific website. Fare listings are for general information only, and do not reflect current seat availability.
- This booking facility is specifically designed for the purpose of booking and ticketing on flights operated by Cathay Pacific and its partners only.
- Each user registering to use the Online Booking/Mobile Booking service will be asked to submit a password for identification purposes. The Marco Polo Club and Asia Miles members will use the pre-assigned PIN (personal identification number) given during the registration processes. Please keep this password confidential for security reasons. In case you have forgotten your password, we will be able to help you retrieve it if you have entered a preset question according to the instructions found on the registration page. If you have forgotten both your user ID and password, then a new account will need to be set up for security reasons.
- A maximum of 9 seats (adults and children inclusive) may be booked in each complete booking transaction, and all passengers must travel together. Child tickets (for children aged 2 to 11 inclusive) are available, but any child ticket(s) booked online must have at least one adult booked in the same transaction, and are subject to age verification upon check-in. All tickets booked in one transaction must have the same itinerary. If any of the flights need to be different, a separate booking will be required.
- A valid credit card is required for completing the transaction online. Once you have pressed the "I Agree" button, Cathay Pacific will be entitled to debit your credit card. The contract of carriage will be made immediately, and Cathay Pacific will transmit to you an acknowledgement message to confirm your booking. If you do not receive an acknowledgement message, please contact our Global Contact Centres. We currently accept the following credit cards:-
- American Express*
- JCB **
- Diners Club ***
* Temporarily not accepted for journeys which commence from China, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, South Africa.
** Temporarily not accepted for journey that commences from China, United Arab Emirates, Bangladesh, Benelux, Bahrain, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, France, Indonesia, Ireland, Netherlands, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Russia, Vietnam and India.
*** Temporarily not accepted for journey that commences from China, Sri Lanka or India
Note: Credit card issuing banks may charge you an international transaction fee, dependent upon country of departure and currency of credit card. Please check with your credit card issuing bank for details of charges.
- The physical credit card used to pay for ticket(s) must be presented by the cardholder for verification at check-in, or when collecting the tickets. Otherwise the cardholder must present the physical card used at the nearest Cathay Pacific Ticketing Office for verification prior to the flight departure. The cardholder does not need to be also the passenger(s) named in the ticket(s). If a transaction is successfully made with Verified by Visa, or MasterCardR SecureCode?, the cardholder will not be required to present the physical card used for verification. Cathay Pacific reserves the right to deny boarding and cancel the ticket(s) and contract of carriage, or to collect a substitute payment (in cash or from a new credit card) should the passenger(s) named in the ticket(s) fail to present the credit card originally used for the booking of the ticket(s) when so requested at check-in. In the event that the contract is cancelled or substitute payment is received as aforesaid, the fares (or an equivalent amount) of the ticket(s), if already debited to the credit card in question, will be refunded and credited to the same credit card within 14 days from the date of such payment or cancellation (as the case may be). Cathay Pacific shall not be held liable whatsoever to the named passenger, the credit cardholder in question and/or any third party in connection with or arising from the cancellation of the ticket(s) and the contract as aforesaid.
- All fares and taxes will be charged in the currency of the country of first departure, except from the China site where fares and taxes will be charged in RMB when the first departure port is Hong Kong. Currency conversion quotes are provided only as reference and not as alternatives for charging purposes.
- Different fares displayed will have different associated rules. There may be limits on the validity of ticket, refund policies and so on, and different cancellation charges may apply. You are strongly advised to read through the rules associated with each type of fare to decide if that particular type of ticket suits your travel needs. Once you have given us your credit card details and click the "I Agree" button, the fare rules are considered as accepted and the booking confirmed. Cancellation charges if any, will apply for any subsequent cancellation.
- You will receive an eTicket by email. If you do not receive it within 2 hours, please contact our Global Contact Centres.
- Cancellation can be performed online, but no partial cancellation is allowed. Please note that once an online booking has been cancelled, all follow-up actions (including refund) will need to be effected through our worldwide reservations office. In some cases, your ticket may be valid for future travelling, so please check with the Cathay Pacific reservations office for rebooking or refund details.
- At the time you purchase your air ticket, you will be advised of any charges, fees and taxes not included in the fare that are imposed on us or on you, collected by us on behalf of by governments or other authorities, or by airport operators. If any of these charges, fees and/or taxes should be reduced or abolished after ticket issuance, or you cancel your ticket, you will be entitled to, subject to applicable laws, claim a partial or full refund of unused charges, fees and/or taxes (as the case may be) without being subject to any administrative fees. If any charges, fees and/or taxes should be increased or newly imposed after ticket issuance, you will be obliged to pay it, except as limited by applicable laws.
- Notwithstanding any contrary booking terms and conditions and/or fare rules, for bookings made 7 days or earlier before departure via the internet on the US site, involving itineraries to/from the US, you can cancel paid reservations within 24 hours after purchase for a full refund in accordance with our refund process set out at Changes, Cancellation and Refund.
- The 7-day refund policy of the Taiwan Consumer Protection Act does not apply to bookings made with an international airline company. For ticket changes, cancellation and refund, customers should refer to each booking’s terms and conditions and/or fare rules.
- A valid passport and visa for some destinations will be required, and are the sole responsibility of the passenger to provide. Compulsory inoculations are also the sole responsibility of the passenger. Cathay Pacific will not be liable for any losses or delays related to lack of required travel documents.
- Some airports may require an additional facilities usage fee upon departure. While Cathay Pacific has endeavoured to provide up-to-date information on these fees, Cathay Pacific will not be liable for ensuring the accuracy of this information. You are solely liable for payment of such a fee.
- By completing a booking through Cathay Pacific's Online Booking/Mobile Booking, you agree to be bound by the same Conditions of Contract and Notices, General Conditions of Carriage and applicable tariffs between Cathay Pacific and its passengers, as if the booking has been made through other conventional channels. Your attention is drawn to these conditions. For customers who choose eTickets as the ticket delivery method, the Conditions of Contract and Notices, General Conditions of Carriage and tariffs will not be transmitted again. By accepting the Terms and Conditions as listed in this page by clicking the appropriate checkbox during the purchase, you agree to be bound by the terms as stated in the Conditions of Contract and Notices, General Conditions of Carriage and applicable tariffs.
- Cathay Pacific does not warrant the completeness, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of content or data found on this site. You must keep your User ID and password secret. Cathay Pacific will not be liable for any loss or disclosure of your personal details caused by breach of this clause.
- Cathay Pacific is not liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage, any loss of profit or any additional travel costs arising from (i) the use of this website or any information contained therein; (ii) any failure or delay in providing services through the site; (iii) the provision of any personal details to us including credit card details. For point (iii), please read our Data Privacy and Security Policy which explains how we provide a safe and secure online transaction environment.
- Cathay Pacific disclaims any liabilities for the reproduction or indirect access via third party website or homepage access, whose reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or limitations of fares offered through our Online Booking/Mobile Booking facility.
- Cathay Pacific may cancel or suspend your use of Online Booking/Mobile Booking at any time without notice, if Cathay Pacific suspects that your User ID and Password are being used, or may be used:
a. by persons that have not been authorised by you;
b. in breach of these Conditions of Use;
c. in breach of the General Conditions of Carriage or the Conditions of Contract and Notices; or
d. in a manner that may cause loss to you or Cathay Pacific;
Cathay Pacific may, at any time terminate or restrict your access to Online Booking, or refuse to give effect to any reservations requested without advance notice.
- Some fares are not eligible for mileage credit from Asia Miles and other participating frequent flyer programmes.