31 Jan 2007
Cathay Pacific Airways today announced the launch of a new mobile service that offers passengers more convenience and better mobility by connecting them to useful travel information through their mobile devices.
The new mobile site – mobile.cathaypacific.com – has been specially formatted to make it user-friendly for Internet-enabled mobile phones or handheld devices including 2G or 3G cell phones, Pocket PCs, Blackberry and Smartphone devices and PDAs.
Users can now visit mobile.cathaypacific.com with their web-enabled mobile device and get real-time travel information at any time and from anywhere in either English or Chinese. Using the new service they can:
- Check the latest Cathay Pacific flight arrival and departure times
- Check flight schedules days or weeks ahead
- Subscribe to the airline’s notiFLY flight paging service that sends instant messages to users to advise on the most up-to-date flight arrival and departure times
- Track mileage point balances if the users are members of The Marco Polo Club
- Read about the airline’s latest news and offers, get access to airport information, and Cathay Pacific’s contact information
Cathay Pacific’s Manager e-Business Scott Ohman said: “We are pleased to offer an improved user experience for Cathay Pacific passengers through this new mobile site. Hong Kong’s mobile market is developing quickly and Cathay Pacific is committed to keeping pace with new technologies to explore how to provide even more value-added services to our customers.”