Cathay Pacific to screen FIFA World Cup inflight
19 Jun 2006
Cathay Pacific Airways today announced it will screen FIFA World Cup results and highlights on StudioCX
, the airline’s acclaimed multi-channel inflight entertainment systerm.
From 10 June to 10 July, results of the latest games and schedules of upcoming events will be shown on the Airshow channel on all inbound flights to Hong Kong. It will be updated up to three times a day.
From 26 June to 10 July, a 15-minute video highlight will be shown on the News & Sport Channel. The programme will be updated daily and will bring the most exciting moments of previous day’s games direct from Germany.
In June, StudioCX
also includes an array of first-release and blockbuster movies along with exciting sports specials covering golf, football and others. Passengers can satisfy their craving for action with Futbol Mundial, More Than A Game and an array of golf programmes. For sports lovers who are in the mood for more action, the “Alternative Sports” special issue of the airline’s June issue of inflight magazine, Discovery, will definitely be their other choice.
Other big-name movies, comedies and features for June’s StudioCX
- Firewall, with Harrison Ford and Paul Bettany
- Crash, with Sandra Bullock and Matt Dillon, winner of 2006 Academy Awards Best Motion Picture
- Brokeback Mountain, directed by Ang Lee, winner of 2006 Academy Awards Best Director
- Tsotsi, winner of 2006 Academy Awards Best Foreign Language Film
- Asian movie McDull, The Alumni, with a cast of over 30 Chinese popstars
- Popular television comedy shows on the Laughter channel include Friends, Will & Grace and Everybody Loves Raymond; and the Drama channel includes CSI, Monk and House.
- Ice Age: The Meltdown, featuring voice talents of John Leguizamo, Ray Romano and Queen Lafitah (冰河世紀2)
- V For Vendetta, with Natalie Portman and Stephen Rea
- Take The Lead, with Antonio Banderas and Rob Brown
- Asian movie The Shopaholics, featuring Cecilia Cheung Pak-chi and Sean Lau Ching-wan
Cathay Pacific StudioCX
offers all passengers up to 26 entertainment channels through the personal television installed on every seat. Our audio and video on demand system also offers First and Business Class passengers on long-haul flights the choice of up to 50 movies, over 100 TV programmes and over 130 CDs.
First and Business Class passengers can also visit GameZone at The Wing before boarding, for a warm-up with the EA SPORTS: 2006 FIFA World Cup(tm) video game.