Cathay Pacific launches travel writing competition
22 Dec 2003
Cathay Pacific Airways today announced the launch of a travel writing competition, organised with the Ming Pao Daily newspaper, to encourage Hong Kong people to share their travel stories.
Entries must be less than 2,000 words but can be in either poetry or prose. Each must follow one of two themes: "Good memories from a flight" or "An unforgettable experience on my journey".
Entries will be divided into three sections: Secondary students; Post-secondary students; and an Open Division for those who are aged 18 years or above. All entrants must be Hong Kong residents, and may submit their work any time from today until the closing date on 31 January 2004.
The first prize in each section will be a pair of Cathay Pacific Business Class tickets to any online Cathay Pacific destination. The second prize will be a pair of Economy Class tickets to any online Cathay Pacific destination. And the third prize will be a pair of Economy Class tickets to any Cathay Pacific destination in Asia. These top prize winners will also receive a Parker ball pen.
Ten finalist runners up in each category will receive a Cathay Pacific aircraft model and a book coupon worth $100 from the Ming Pao group. All entries that make the final round stand the chance of being published in a Ming Pao publication or Cathay Pacific's inflight magazine.
Entry forms can be found at below or from Ming Pao Daily. For enquiries, please contact Ms. So at 2595-3085.Cathay Pacific-Ming Pao Daily Travel Writing Award - Entry Form
Sex: Male / Female
Contact Tel.: __________________
Individual Monthly Income (Optional)
below $14,999 $15,000 - $19,999 $20,000 - $29,999
$30,000 - $39,999 above $40,000Category
Please send the completed entry form and the entry to Marketing Department, Ming Pao Daily, 15/F Block A, Ming Pao Industrial Centre, 18 Ka Yip Street, Chai Wan, Hong Kong. Please mark "Cathay Pacific-Ming Pao Daily Travel Literature Award" on the front of the envelope.
1. Every participant must be a Hong Kong resident.
2. Each participant can only submit one single entry.
3. All entries must be original and have not been published before. The organisers will not be responsible for any legal responsibility thereof.
4. No entry will be returned upon submission.
5. All winning participants will be notified individually.
6. The organisers reserve all the rights of publication and use of all submitted entries, including editing.
7. The organisers reserve all rights to disqualify any entry and the judging panel will have the right to determine if any entry is in breach of the requirements.
8. The staff and their family members of Cathay Pacific Airways and Ming Pao Daily are not allowed to participate.
9. The organisers will have the final decision right for the results, terms and conditions and prize arrangements.