Cathay Pacific launches new Online Booking promotions
07 Sep 2001
Cathay Pacific Airways today announced a new promotion offering up to 11,000 Asia Miles for passengers who book tickets through its Website - www.cathaypacific.com. Passengers who make three purchases between now and the end of November will earn these extra bonus miles. In addition they can earn the regular number of Asia Miles when they use the tickets and up to 3,500 extra Asia Miles for using Cathay Pacific's innovative Online Check-In service. Terms and conditions apply.
The Asia Miles promotion was launched to celebrate the successful implementation of a number of exciting new enhancements to the Website. The new features include:
- Expansion of the Online Booking service to offer Korean language transactions in addition to the existing Chinese, English and Japanese language services.
- Addition of new booking options allowing passengers to book certain connecting flights on Cathay Pacific's oneworld partner American Airlines.
- Creation of a "Call Me" option for customers who book online but prefer to complete their transaction by telephone with their credit card.
- Option for customers to reserve their actual seat with the help of an Interactive Seat Map at the time of booking.
- Expansion of the Online Check-In service to Japanese and Korean languages to allow more passengers to check-in over the Internet in their own languages, and receive confirmed seat assignments up to 48 hours in advance.
Manager cathaypacific.com Dominic Purvis said: "These new features significantly enhance the functionality of our Website for customers all over the world. Now there's even more reason to visit with this new Asia Miles promotion on top of all the special promotions we already have on the Cathay Pacific site."
The Cathay Pacific Website has enjoyed impressive traffic growth since it was relaunched late last year due in part to the growing range of travel tools it offers. These include a Downloadable Trip Planner, notiFLY Flight Paging for text message updates to mobile phones or via email, and an AvantGo mobile Internet channel for users of handheld PDA computers and Internet-enabled phones.
The Cathay Pacific Website recently won the prize for Best Business-to-Consumer e-Commerce Site in the Asian Internet Awards sponsored by BusinessOnline magazine and VISA International The panel of judges included business professionals, academics and researchers. The winners were decided based on the transaction mechanisms offered by each Website, integration with back-end systems, and security.