Cathay Pacific launches new Cargo website
17 Oct 2000
Cathay Pacific Airways today launched a new cargo Website offering cargo customers access to a range of powerful new features such as shipment status messaging, and a new track and trace function. The new Website can be found at www.cathaypacificcargo.com
and can also be accessed through the airline's flagship Website. Many of the new features were introduced following a survey of Cathay Pacific's cargo customers.
Cathay Pacific General Manager Cargo, Kenny Tang said: "Cargo is a strongly growing part of our overall operations and we aim to continue that growth in the years ahead. Our new Website will assist that process by giving our cargo customers convenient access to more services and more information relating to their cargo shipments."
New and enhanced features on the Website include the following:
- Track and trace: enables customers to access the latest shipment status information directly from Cathay Pacific's cargo operation system.
- Interline shipment tracking: enables customers to track shipments carried by Cathay Pacific's partners Air Hong Kong, American Airlines, Dragonair, and Lufthansa Cargo.
- Flight schedule and status: provides up-to-date schedule and status of Cathay Pacific's freighter and passenger flights.
- Cargo guides and news: provide comprehensive information on cargo operations and industry trends, and the latest news from Cathay Pacific.
- Cargo Clan Corner: provides information on privileges and activities exclusive to members of Cathay Pacific’s cargo professionals club Cargo Clan Elite.
The following additional features will be added over the next few months:
- Proactive shipment status update: automatic status updates via email.
- House-level and Unit Load Device number tracking: enables customers to track US-bound shipments using their house-level airwaybill numbers.
- Shipment tracking through mobile SMS (short message service) and IVRS (interactive voice response service): offers information to people on the road.
- Forwarder customised homepage: enables forwarders to create or modify reservations, view shipment status, and receive customised promotions.
- Online booking: allows shippers to book cargo space via the Internet.
In addition to launching its new cargo Website, Cathay Pacific will soon introduce a number of other cargo e-Business initiatives relating to partnerships and joint ventures.FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Patrick Garrett, Corporate Communication Manager, Product, (852) 2747-5378
May Lam, Assistant Corporate Comm. Manager, Product, (852) 2747-5376