Special ticketing guidelines for flights to/from Hong Kong from 12-14 August
Latest update: 13 Aug 2019 12:45 HKT (GMT+8)
The Airport Authority in Hong Kong announced that all flights departing Hong Kong International Airport were cancelled Monday 12 August. The cancellation period extended until the morning of Tuesday 13 August. Therefore, with immediate effect, rebooking and rerouting charges will be waived for all tickets issued worldwide (irrespective of fare type) on/before 12 August 2019 for travel with Cathay Pacific/Cathay Dragon confirmed booking arriving to and departing from Hong Kong between 12 August 2019 and 14 August 2019.
1. Cathay Pacific/Cathay Dragon tickets
a. Cancellation and Refund
- Waiver on cancellation and refund charges; customers should apply for the refund and the fee will be waived accordingly.
- For all tickets including non-refundable tickets.
b. Rebooking/ rerouting
Rebooking/ rerouting charges will be waived on conditions that:
- Such requests are made on/before 18 August 2019 and before departure, for travel with Cathay Pacific/Cathay Dragon confirmed booking arriving to and departing from Hong Kong between 12 August 2019 and 14 August 2019.
- Revised (NEW) travel date must be on/before 30 November 2019 and subject to flight availability.
In which case, the ticket expiry date will be adjusted accordingly.
- The newly rebooked sector is allowed to rebook with the same cabin regardless of the fare rule
- Reissuance charges will only be waived due to the expiry of the original ticket
- Rerouting to/from/via Cathay Pacific/ Cathay Dragon online cities
And subject to flight availability and fare/tax difference.
c. Group Tickets
- Please refer to your local travel agent.
2. Asia Miles airline award tickets
For further details: