Cathay for Students
As you make the world your classroom, we would love to be a part of your important journey. We understand that every student is unique , thus we have prepared 3 different student products to cater to your needs. Cathay for Students allows you to enjoy exclusive student fares, exciting perks and more.
Frequent Travel Home
Plan your trips back home for special occasions in advance and enjoy special fares
- Free additional baggage allowance of 10KG or 1 piece of 23KG (USA)*
- Unlimited ticket changes
- Longer ticket validity
- Meet and Assist Service available
- North America
Round-trip student travel light fares to EuropeFly from 01 Mar 2021 - 30 Jun 2022TRAVEL LIGHT FARE
Round-trip student travel light fares to AustraliaFly from 01 Mar 2021 - 30 Jun 2022TRAVEL LIGHT FARE
Round-trip student travel light fares to USAFly from 01 Mar 2021 - 30 Jun 2022TRAVEL LIGHT FARE
Your safety is our priority
- At the time of travel, student aged between 12 and 31 must hold a valid International Student Identity Card (ISIC), overseas student visa and a Letter of Enrollment issued by school.
- During check-in at the airport counter, students will be asked to verify their student identity with the abovementioned documents proof.
- Extra check-in baggage allowance subject to routes and products selected (only for Global Student fares): Students can enjoy free additional baggage allowance of 10KG for Europe/ Australia and an extra piece up to 23KG for USA fares (applicable for economy subclass V and above only):
- Global Student Fares: Standard Baggage allowanceOpen a new window will be displayed when booking online but students will be able to find their entitled free extra baggage allowance reflected on e-tickets issued after booking
- Travel Light Fares: Entitled to Standard Baggage allowanceOpen a new windowOpen a new window with no extra baggage allowance
- Frequent Travel Home: Students will only be able to purchase Frequent Travel Home by contacting our Cathay Pacific Global Call CentreOpen a new window. Free extra baggage allowance will only be added to booking upon request.
- Note: students who are unable to present the required documents would be required to top up the fare difference over the counter and revoked of student offers entitlement
- Should you require inbound stopover in Hong Kong, please contact our Cathay Pacific Global Call CentreOpen a new window
- If there are any changes required to tickets, please contact our Cathay Pacific Global Call CentreOpen a new window
- Date change fee: FOC
- Cancellation fee: USD250 per ticket.
- No-show fee: USD150 per ticket.
- Flight eligibility: valid on CX operated flights & subject to seat availability
- Meet and Assist Service: Our staff will be able to meet and greet you at the counter and provide assistance and guidance to the boarding gate. At transit and/or arrival terminal, travelers will be greeted and directed to the gate of the connecting flight or the immigration counter. To request for this service, you must contact our global contact centre hereOpen a new window at least 48 hours prior to departure. Service is only available on Cathay Pacific flights.
- Check out the latest travel restrictions and quarantine exemptions hereOpen a new window
- All fares displayed include taxes and carrier-imposed surcharges as of 15 February 2021
- All fares, government taxes and fees, and surcharges are subject to change at any time.
- The fares detailed in the offer/promotion are subject to availability and offered on a first come, first served basis.
- Cathay Pacific reserves the right to amend offer without prior notice.