Club news - Award-winning cellars
Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon win recognition at prestigious Cellars in the Sky 2019 awards
In a highly contested competition comprising 35 airlines, Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon achieved notable wins at the Business Traveller 2019 Cellars in the Sky awards, receiving accolades in seven categories.
The Cellar in the Sky awards, which has been recognising the best wine served by the world’s airlines since 1985, held its presentation ceremony in London last month and Cathay Pacific was announced as the recipient of the following awards:
- Silver for Best First Class Cellar
- Silver for Best First Class White: Nik Weis St. Urbans-Hof Saarfeilser GG 2016, Mosel, Germany
- Bronze for Best Overall Cellar
Meanwhile, Cathay Dragon won:
- Gold for Best First Class Sparkling: Piper-Heidsieck Rare Millesimé 2002, Champagne, France
- Silver for Best Business Class Fortified/Dessert: Château Filhot 2014, Sauternes, France
- Bronze for Best First Class Fortified/Dessert: Lions de Suduiraut 2015, Sauternes, France
- Highly Commended for Best First Class White: Craggy Range, Sauvignon Blanc 2017, Marlborough, New Zealand
We are proud that this year’s Cellars in the Sky awards have upheld our reputation for excellent inflight wines. Our panel of wine experts source and select wines not only for their quality but also their ability to match the variety of our onboard cuisines. With our ever-evolving and expanding cellars, we hope to provide you with an unmatched dining experience the next time you fly with us in First or Business Class.