Xi'an Beilin Museum
The Xi'an Beilin Museum was expanded from the Xi’an Forest of Stone Tablets, established in 1087 during the Northern Song Dynasty. It collects stone steles, stone sculptures and calligraphy, and has some 3,000 stone steles in its collection. Among its treasures are the works of legendary calligrapher Wang Xizhi, painter Wu Daozi and artist and scholar Huang Tingjian. The museum has traditionally been a hotspot for scholars and history buffs, who come to marvel at the phenomenal works.