26 Jul 2010
Passengers departing on Cathay Pacific flights from London to Hong Kong can enjoy greater comfort and convenience following the opening of the airline’s new First Class and Business Class Lounges located at the central concourse at London Heathrow Airport.
Cathay Pacific’s General Manager Europe Philippe de Gentile-Williams said: “We are always looking for new ways to meet the needs of our customers, and the opening of our new lounges in London will definitely further enhance the Cathay Pacific experience. The new facilities reflect the airline’s commitment to offering quality service both in the air and on the ground.”
The 923 square-metre lounges feature Cathay Pacific’s signature Noodle Bar, a popular feature at the airline’s world-renowned lounges The Wing and The Pier at Hong Kong International Airport, providing a selection of authentic noodles for passengers to choose from. Another dining highlight is an improved buffet area with a wide selection of Western and Asian food and drinks.
With a high-ceiling window wall, the new Heathrow lounges offer a panoramic view of the airport apron area. Employing a design inspired by the airline’s award-winning lounges in Hong Kong, the lounges offer more personal space and a wide range of features including desktop computers with internet access and Wi-Fi connections, a full range of local and international newspapers, and five fully equipped shower suites in each lounge.
The lounges are open between 0530 and 2200 for eligible passengers including:
- First and Business Class passengers travelling on Cathay Pacific, Dragonair and oneworld carriers.
- Silver and above Marco Polo Club members travelling on Cathay Pacific and Dragonair only.
- Cargo Clan Elite members travelling on Cathay Pacific and Dragonair only.
- oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members travelling on Cathay Pacific, Dragonair and oneworld carriers only.
Cathay Pacific flies non-stop four times daily between London Heathrow Terminal 3 and Hong Kong International Airport, with onward connections to 120 destinations worldwide, including 40 Asian cities and 17 destinations in Mainland China (through sister airline, Dragonair). Cathay Pacific is a member of the oneworld alliance.
CATHAY PACIFIC FIRST AND BUSINESS CLASS LOUNGES AT LONDON HEATHROW:
Modelled on the award winning designs of The Wing and The Pier, the London Heathrow lounges serve the airline’s First and Business Class passengers flying on any of Cathay Pacific’s four daily flights between London and Hong Kong.
Located at the central concourse of Terminal 3 near the Cathay Pacific boarding gate, the new and improved 923 square-metre lounges boast a spacious and passenger friendly environment, equipped with a premium range of facilities and providing a haven of peace and comfort.
Key components adapted from The Wing and The Pier in Hong Kong include:
- Personal Spaces
- Reception Area
- Landscape Wall
- Signature Noodle Bar offering a wide selection of noodles
- Wide variety of Western and Asian food choices
- Long table for passengers to enjoy their dining
First Class facilities include:
- 49 comfortable sofa seating
- State of the art plasma screens, with a choice of news, comedy and movie channels
- A selection of English and Chinese-language reading materials
- Five Personal Living Spaces
Business Class facilities include:
- Four distinct zones for passengers to relax or work
- Eight Personal Living Spaces
- 136 comfortable sofa seating
CATHAY PACIFIC LOUNGES WORLD-WIDE:
In addition to London and Hong Kong, Cathay Pacific also has its own airport lounges in the following cities:
- Kuala Lumpur
First Class Lounges are open to:
- First Class passengers of Cathay Pacific.
- First Class passengers of all oneworld alliance airlines.
- The Marco Polo Diamond Club members when travelling on Cathay Pacific flights, plus two guests.
- oneworld Emerald status members when travelling on Oneworld alliance airlines, plus two guests.
Business Class Lounges are open to:
- Business Class passengers of Cathay Pacific.
- Business Class passengers of all oneworld alliance airlines.
- The Marco Polo Club Diamond Card members when travelling with other carriers, plus two guests.
- The Marco Polo Club Diamond members when travelling on Cathay Pacific, plus two guests.
- The Marco Polo Club Gold Card members when travelling Cathay Pacific, plus one guest.
- The Marco Polo Club Silver Card members.
- Cargo Clan members.
- oneworld Sapphire status members when travelling on oneworld alliance airlines, plus one guest.
There are five shower units for use by both First and Business passengers. Finishes include white marble finishing in the shower areas, and an attendant is on hand to provide fresh towels and other amenities upon request.