Car safety seat
Car safety seat
If you have infants or children between 6 and 36 months (under 3 years) old, you can consider bringing your own car safety seat on board (please note that booster seats are not permitted). The consistency of using your own personal car safety seat that your child is familiar with offers the sense of security and comfort that an unfamiliar one would not.
Travelling with a car safety seat
- A separate passenger seat must be purchased for the infant/child occupying the car safety seat.
- The infant/child occupying the car safety seat must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or travel companion of at least 18 years of age, occupying an adjacent passenger seat.
- The parent/ travel companion's is responsible for installing the car safety seat onto the passenger seat.
- Due to safety requirements, safety seats may not be used on some of our aircraft passenger seats. Please refer to the table below and call our Reservations Offices or your travel agent for the aircraft type of your flight.
|Aircraft Type||First Class||Business Class||Premium Economy Class||Economy Class|
|777-300ER (77W/ 77H)#||Available||Child Restraint Seat only||Available||Available|
|777-300ER (77W/ 77G)#||Not applicable1||Not available2||Available||Available|
|777-300 (773/ 73Z)*||Not applicable1||Not available2||Not applicable1||Not available2|
|777-200 (772/ 772Z)#||Not applicable1||Not available2||Not applicable1||Available|
|A350-900 (359/ 35G)#||Not applicable1||Available||Available||Available|
|A330-300 (333/ 33K)||Not applicable1||Child Restraint Seat only||Available||Available|
|A330- 300 (333/ 33E)||Not applicable1||Child Restraint Seat only||Not applicable1||Available|
|A330-300 (333/33P)*||Not applicable1||Not available2||Not applicable1||Available|
|A330-300 (333/33C)*||Not applicable1||Not available2||Not applicable1||Available|
|A330-300 (333/33R)||Not available2||Not available2||Not applicable1||Available|
|A330-300 (333/33H)||Not applicable1||Not available2||Not applicable1||Available|
|A321-200 (321/321)||Not applicable1||Not available2||Not applicable1||Available|
|A320-200 (320/320)||Not applicable1||Not available2||Not applicable1||Available|
*On selected aircraft, a personal infant/child car safety seat cannot be taken on board and we do not offer a Child Restraint Seat
# Car safety seats are unable to install on selected seats as those seats are equipped with airbag seat belt
1 The cabin class is not available on this aircraft used, therefore the seat or harness cannot be set up
2 The seat or harness is not available for the cabin class, therefore it cannot be requested
The car safety seat needs to be
- For infants or children aged between 6 and 36 months (under 3 years) old
- Forward-facing and in operational condition
- Rear-facing car safety seats are also permitted if the use of such seat will not cause any impact on other passengers’ comfort. You should contact our Reservations Offices to request for an assigned seat.
- Possess a well-defined shell (e.g. a plastic frame), and if there is a separate shell and understructure, they must be securely attached to each other
- Designed so you can quickly and easily secure and take care of your child
- Your child should not be able to easily adjust or loosen the harness straps of the car safety seat. It should be a single-release harness that secures a child’s lap, torso and shoulders with a minimum width of 25 mm (1 in).
The inflight requirements of the car safety seat
- The car safety seat must be secured to a passenger seat for the whole flight
- The adult safety belt should not be secured over your infant or child in the car safety seat with an integral harness. Nor should the adult safety seat buckle lie on any sub-frame of the car safety seat after the belt is tightened and secure.
The seat must meet one of the following safety standards
- European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) ETSO-C100b
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) TSO-C100, TSO-C100a, TSO-C100b, or TSO-C100c
- European Safety Standard requirements of ECE Regulation 44
- United States Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard FMVSS 213
- Australia/New Zealand Standard (AS/NZS) 1754