Upgrades are selected based on seat availability, the number of offers received and other factors that are at Cathay’s sole discretion; as such there is no guarantee that your offer will be accepted, even at the highest permitted level.
The success of an offer depends on a combination of factors including but not limited to:
- The amount offered for the upgrade
- Competing offers
- The original fare class at which the ticket has been purchased
- Your Marco Polo Club tier
- Your Asia Miles membership
- The number of passengers in the same booking
- Success history on past offers
- The number of seats available for upgrades
- Whether you have checked into your flight in your original fare class, prior to the bidding window being closed (50 hours before departure)
To improve your chances of success, we recommend putting forward your best offer. If you are a member of Marco Polo Club, or an Asia Miles member, we will recognise your status by up-weighting your Upgrade Bid offer accordingly."