Special ticketing guidelines for passengers transiting through Doha
Latest update: 16 Jun 2017 9:15 HKT (GMT+8)
On Monday, June 5, several countries in the Middle East – namely Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Yemen – announced changes to diplomatic ties with Qatar. The changes include flight suspensions to/from selected cities, which may impact travels for passengers transiting via Doha, Qatar. Passengers travelling to the above listed countries via Doha are urged to check the latest travel guidance with the respective airlines and government advisories.
1. Cathay Pacific/Cathay Dragon tickets
a. Cancellation and refund
- Waive on cancellation and refund charges
- No show passenger is not eligible for the waiver
- For all tickets include non- refundable tickets
b. Rebooking/ rerouting
Rebooking/ rerouting charges will be waived on conditions that:
- Such requests are made on/before 31 December 2017 and before departure, for travel with Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon confirmed booking involving Doha between 5 June 2017 and 31 December 2017.
No-show passengers are not eligible for the waiver.
- The revised (NEW) travel date must be on/before 31 December 2017 and subject to flight availability.
- The newly rebooked sector must observe and conform to the conditions of the respective fare rule, e.g. blackout dates, flight application, weekend/weekday travel, stopover charges and applicable seasonalities by collecting additional/refunding difference (if any) as appropriate.
- Reissuance charges will only be waived due to the expiry of the original ticket.
- Rerouting to/from/via anywhere
And subject to flight availability and fare/tax difference.
c. Group Tickets
- Please refer to your local travel agent.
2. Asia Miles airline award tickets
For further details: