Dragonair Holds Walk-in Interview for Cabin Crew in Response to Business Growth
01 Sep 2011
(HONG KONG) Dragonair will hold a walk-in interview session for new cabin crew on Sunday, 4 September with the aim of recruiting high-calibre candidates to cope with the airline’s expansion and growing operational needs. The carrier plans to hire around 300 flight attendants in 2011.
Following the career talk given by Dragonair cabin crew at the Hong Kong International Airport Job Expo on 27 August, the airline’s recruitment exercise this coming Sunday will see a total of 1,200 interview tickets distributed to potential candidates. Those interested in applying are required to register at 9:00am at the airline’s headquarters, Dragonair House, presenting their resume in person and undergoing an arm-reach test. (See Appendix
This is Dragonair’s second walk-in recruitment day of the year, while applications can be submitted year-round through the airline’s website.
Dragonair General Manager Inflight Services Cecilia Leung said: “Dragonair has received widespread recognition for the quality of its services, being named ‘World’s Best Regional Airline’ by Skytrax in both 2010 and 2011. To help us maintain our reputation for world-class and heartwarming service, it’s vital that we continue to attract the right kind of top-quality employees.”
Ms Leung added: “The need for a third runway has become a hot topic of debate in Hong Kong and Dragonair fully supports the plan based on the needs and benefits it will bring to our home hub in terms of meeting projected air traffic demand within the Asia-Pacific region. We are confident about the future of Hong Kong’s aviation industry, which in turn will enable us to offer our employees a secure and rewarding career path.”
Ms Leung also shared some useful tips to cabin crew applicants before they go through their assessment:
- Understand more about the airline’s background, network etc
- Be prepared for scenario questions that will be asked to get a better understanding of the personality and adaptability of applicants
- Avoid memorising standard answers from mock interview questions or repeating website information. A willingness to interact with the interviewers is important
- Showing your real self and demonstrating a “willing to serve” attitude is crucial
- Always wear a sincere smile
- Smart casual attire will be sufficient. An arm-reach test will be conducted at the beginning of the session, so looser clothing is preferred.
All successful cabin crew applicants will go through an intensive seven-week training course which will cover everything from aircraft configurations, flight safety and emergency procedures to inflight food and beverage, grooming and hospitality. Flight attendants are offered a good remuneration package and promotion opportunities to supervisory ranks -including flight pursers, senior pursers and chief pursers - and managerial posts according to work performance and experience.
Dragonair Flight Attendant Recruitment Advertisement
HONG KONG DRAGON AIRLINES LTD
Dragonair is an award-winning airline and a member of the Cathay Pacific Group. We provide premium services to travellers on a growing network of passenger routes throughout Asia, with a particular focus on Mainland China. The airline has been voted for two consecutive years “World’s Best Regional Airline” in the annual World Airline Survey run by Skytrax 2010 and 2011. To meet the needs of our expanding operation, we are looking for enthusiastic candidates to fill the following position(s).
Date: 4 September 2011
Venue: Multi-purpose Hall, G/F, Dragonair House, 11 Tung Fai Road, Hong Kong International Airport, Lantau, Hong Kong
Registration: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Total of 1,200 tickets will be distributed)
Interview Time Schedule:
4 September 2011 (Ticket No. 001 – 550 applicants)
5 September 2011 (Ticket No. 551 – 1,200 applicants)
- Hong Kong permanent resident (and passport holder) with right to abode in Hong Kong
- Educated to HKCEE standard or equivalent with a pass in English (Syllabus B)
- Fluency in English and Cantonese is required (Mandarin is preferable)
- Knowledge of other Asian languages and dialects is an added advantage
- Minimum arm-reach of 212cm
- Previous experience in the service industry is preferred but not essential
Upon registration applicants are required to present their resume.
For more details, please refer to our website at www.dragonair.com
We offer an attractive remuneration package, generous fringe benefits, as well as free and discounted travel for staff and their eligible family members.