Applicable Fees for Cathay Pacific Tickets
Latest update: 29 Jan 2020 9:00 HKT (GMT+8)
· Before/After Departure: Collect rebooking fee and tax difference, if applicable. Rebooking fee of USD150 is applicable to Promotional Fares, Economy Save fares, Premium Economy Standard fares and Business Save fares while a rebooking fee of USD50 is applicable to Economy standard fares. In the case of Hong Kong, Economy Supersaver are non-rebookable.
Note: If date change includes change in seasonality, there will be a fare difference from Low to High Season. No refund will be applicable for change from High to Low season.
· Before/After Departure: US$150 plus fare and tax difference if applicable.
· If tickets are totally unused, fares may be subject for reassessment.
Note: Route downgrade is not allowed. In case new routing is lower than previously issued route, tickets may be re-issued without refund. Reissuance fee and tax difference will be collected if applicable.
3/Name Correction Fee
· Please note that tickets may be reissued due to Name correction if names are misspelled only. Reissuance is not allowed if it will be reissued to a different person. Name correction is subject to applicable fees.
Acceptable Name Correction:
· Middle name addition or deletion
· Surname and First name swapped
· Title / Gender correction
· Same person with name wrongly input due to typo more than 3 letters.
· Surname changed after marriage (document proof required).
Definition of expired ticket:
· For completely unused tickets – one (1) year after date of issuance
· For half-used tickets – one (1) year after date of first flown sector
· For expired tickets - two (2) years after date of issuance
5/Non-User Fee (NUF)
The applicable Nonuser fee for all types of fares is US$150 except for Promotional fares.
Who shall Pay Nonuser Fee
· Departing passengers with tickets issued/reissued/revalidated in the Philippines who fail to use their confirmed airline seats will be required to pay the Nonuser Fee.
Who gets EXEMPTED from the Nonuser Fee
· Passengers who fail to show up for their flight for the following reasons are exempted from paying the Nonuser Fee
o Advance Notice (at least 24hrs before departure)
o Passenger is unable to arrive on time for a scheduled flight due to late arrival or cancellation of a connecting flight (domestic or international)
o Serious Accident Involving Passenger. This must be supported by a police report and a hospitalization certificate
o Death of a Passenger