Upgrade Bid is not currently available between Hong Kong and any destinations in India, or Japan;or between Taipei and Japan (Tokyo Narita Intl, Osaka, Fukuoka, Nagoya).
Please note that passengers with bookings made in India are not eligible to participate in the Upgrade Bid due to technical related issues.
You can verify your eligibility by providing your family name and booking reference at the Upgrade Bid Welcome page. Alternatively, we will send an email to eligible passengers who have subscribed to our newsletter and invite them to make an offer 7 days prior to departure of the first sector of the booking.
There are several different factors that may restrict your eligibility to make an offer to upgrade, including but not limited to:
- The flight is not currently accepting offers
- No seat availability on the next higher cabin class
- Your ticket has not been issued
- Your booking is not confirmed yet
- Your flight is not operated by Cathay Pacific Airways
- The flight you are travelling on is not open for Upgrade Bid
- Your ticket was purchased and/or issued in India which Upgrade Bid is currently not available due to technical reasons.
Yes, as long as the child is not on an infant fare and the offer amount for the child is the same as the offer amount for the adult in the same booking.
Upgrade Bid upgrades can only be applied once to the next higher class. Upgrades to Business Class are only available for Premium Economy Class passengers. However, for aircraft or routes without Premium Economy Class, you would be invited to upgrade from Economy Class to Business Class. No further upgrade by cash or miles will be honoured after an Upgrade Bid upgrade has been offered.