Promising you better value
With our Price Promise, you can purchase our airfares with confidence. After completing a booking on our website, if you find an identical fare at a lower price on a New Zealand travel agency website (in New Zealand dollars), simply lodge a price match claim with us by midnight NZST/NZDT on the day of your purchase, and you'll get the fare difference refunded.
What does our “Price Promise” cover?
- Bookings made on www.cathaypacific.com.nz that depart from New Zealand
- Bookings paid and ticketed in full in New Zealand dollars
- An itinerary only with flights operated by Cathay Pacific Airways that originate in New Zealand
- Sold by a New Zealand online travel agent, with a New Zealand Business Number (NZBN)
- Quoted in New Zealand dollars (without using a currency converter) and the ticket is issued directly by the online travel agency
Fare comparison checklist (the following must be identical):
- Cathay Pacific flight numbers (3 digit 'CX' flight numbers only)
- Number and type of travellers, including the number of adults and children
- Travel dates
- Cabin class and booking sub-class
- Booking, fare and cancellation conditions
- Travel itinerary and routes
- Payment method
How to make a claim for refund
- Take an unedited, full screenshot of the fare with the price difference, including:
- website address and company logo
- full itinerary with flight numbers
- total costs of the booking fees and charges
- timestamp with date and time clearly visible
- Complete the claim formOpen a new window
- Submit the form by midnight of the same calendar day you purchased your ticket
- Receive a refund in the price difference via the payment method originally used to purchase the ticket
- The “Price Promise” only applies to the total airfare with Cathay Pacific and does not apply to hotel, car hire, travel insurance, or other non-flight products purchased from Cathay Pacific.
- Flights operated by other airlines, including code share services operated by Air New Zealand between New Zealand and Hong Kong, are not covered by the Price Promise.
- The comparison of all fees including card fees equivalent to those used to make the booking is also covered under our promise.
- A match in airfares will not be accepted in the following circumstances:
- Lack of evidence (such as screenshot of fare differences) hence the claim cannot be verified
- Fare quotes from comparison sites
- Instances where the fares are lower due to an error made by the retailer/third party
- Fares purchased as part of package holidays
- Fares on a website that is not targeted to consumers located in New Zealand
- Fares on a website that is not operated by a company with an active New Zealand Business Number (NZBN)
- Cancelled or refunded bookings made on our website
- Airfares sold via a 'bricks and mortar' travel agency or via unauthorised channels or resellers
- Airfares that are not publicly available such as travel industry, corporate, negotiated or other private fares including any that require an access code or login
- Airfares discounted by use of promotional codes, coupons, credits, loyalty, redemption or other non-cash methods
- Resubmitted claims or multiple claims for one booking
- Airfares that include codeshare flights or flights operated by other airlines
- The Cathay Pacific Price Promise is subject to the standard booking Terms and ConditionsOpen a new window for flights booked online at www.cathaypacific.com.nz
- The Price Promise can be withdrawn or altered at any time without prior notice. Claims are subject to review by Cathay Pacific and the company reserves the right to the final decision.