10 Mar 2012
Cathay Pacific Airways held its first cabin crew recruitment day this year today and some 1,000 applicants attended the event. The airline plans to recruit about 1,000 cabin crew in 2012 to cope with the airline’s operating and growth needs.
“We are very encouraged by the response of the applicants. We target to recruit 1,000 cabin crew this year as we are taking delivery of 15 new aircraft and adding frequencies to a number of destinations,” said a Cathay Pacific spokesman.
At today’s recruitment day, applicants were invited to attend a career talk and undergo an initial screening through group discussion and language assessment sessions. Successful applicants will be invited to a second round of interviews at a later day.
The airline’s recruitment activities will continue throughout the year. Interested applicants can also apply online through our website www.cathaypacific.com/careers.
Newly joined cabin crew are expected to receive an average salary of HK$16,000 a month (depending on the flying hours and including out-port allowances) and a competitive package of staff benefits. There is also a well-defined career development path for them to advance to senior positions such as Flight Purser, Senior Purser and In-flight Service Manager.
Fact Sheet: Cathay Pacific cabin crew
• Permanent Hong Kong resident status
• Minimum age of 18
• Minimum of Grade E in 5 HKCEE subjects (including Level 2 or above in English Language), or equivalent
• Fluency in English and one of the following languages: Cantonese, Mandarin, Hindi, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Tagalog or Thai. Proficiency in Mandarin is preferable
• Proficient interpersonal skills with a positive and customer-oriented attitude
• A minimum arm-reach of 208 cm and physical fitness to pass the pre-employment medical assessment
• 6 months
Applicants must attend and pass the following selection modules:
• Phone Screening
• Career Talk
• Arm Reach Exercise (208 cm)
• Group Activity
• Language Assessments (Including English and Mandarin)
• Final Interview
• Medical Examination
• Carry out in-flight safety and security procedures
• Provide excellent customer service, anticipate and respond to passengers’ needs promptly and in a professional manner
Remuneration and Benefits:
• Salary in hourly rates
• New recruits receive an average of about HKD16,000 monthly (including out-port allowances)
• Staff and family concessional travel benefits
• Medical coverage
• Comprehensive insurance scheme
• Cathay Pacific Provident Fund
• 21 days’ annual leave (adjusted in accordance with years of service)
Cabin Crew Career Development:
• Flight Attendant
• Flight Purser
• Senior Purser
• In-flight Service Manager
• 6-week induction for both emergency & safety training and technical & service skills training, covering: first aid, emergency & safety procedures, civil aviation regulations, customs and excise service ordinance, aircraft and equipment knowledge, catering procedures, grooming, people and service, communication and service skills.
• Class room and on-line training, cabin mock-up training and practice on aircraft
• Develop team spirit through group discussion, role play, case study and public speaking activities.
• All cabin crew are required to attend the annual Emergency and Safety Training.
• Further refresher training will be provided for aircraft knowledge, service procedure and skills.