Hong Kong Transit Visa Waiver for Sri Lankan Nationals
Latest update: 01 Nov 2017 9:00 IST (GMT+05:30)
Sri Lankan passport holders with valid visas to The United States of America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, The Republic of Korea, The United Kingdom or Schengen states are exempted from Hong Kong transit visa* when travelling to any country on Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon via Hong Kong International Airport, subject to the following terms and conditions:
*Terms and Conditions
- Valid only for transit between Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon operated flights at Hong Kong International Airport on a Cathay Pacific or Cathay Dragon issued ticket.
- Not applicable on codeshare flights.
- Transit time in Hong Kong should be less than 12 hours.
- Sri Lankan passport holders using STPC hotel in Hong Kong or leaving Hong Kong International Airport must hold valid Hong Kong Transit visa.
- If the visas for aforementioned countries are used or expired, Sri Lankan passport holders can still be granted airside transit visa exemption in Hong Kong on their return trip to Sri Lanka provided they are returning from the aforementioned countries they were holding visas for.
- However, if a Sri Lankan passport holder is travelling to/from any country other than the aforementioned, he/she is required to possess valid multiple entry visa to any of the aforementioned countries in order to be eligible for Hong Kong transit visa waiver.