03 Feb 2012
Dragonair has launched a new mobile boarding pass service, available for all flights departing from Hong Kong, which offers passengers the opportunity to enjoy a completely paperless journey.
The new service, which is also available for flights on Dragonair’s sister airline Cathay Pacific out of Hong Kong, is designed to supplement the online check-in service and give passengers more control over their own journeys. It also provides environmental benefits by eliminating the need to print paper boarding passes.
Passengers travelling without an onward connection to other destinations can check in online at the Dragonair website, www.dragonair.com, and choose to receive a mobile boarding pass on their mobile devices sent via SMS or email.
After dropping off any baggage at the self check-in bag drop counter at the Hong Kong International Airport, passengers can proceed to the aircraft by scanning the mobile boarding pass on their mobile device at the respective checkpoints at security, immigration and the boarding gate. Passengers eligible to use the airline’s lounge will also see a lounge pass displayed on the mobile boarding pass which can be shown to the lounge reception staff.
How to use the mobile boarding pass service?
1. Check in online at www.dragonair.com any time from 48 hours prior to departure.
2. Select the option to send the mobile boarding pass to a mobile device via SMS or email; and click the link to retrieve the mobile boarding pass.
3. Present the mobile boarding pass at the self check-in bag drop counter at the Hong Kong International Airport and drop off any check-in baggage at least 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
4. Present the mobile boarding pass at the security and immigration checkpoints.
5. Scan the mobile boarding pass at the boarding gate.
6. Present the mobile boarding pass to cabin crew when boarding the aircraft for seating arrangements.
More information on the mobile boarding pass service is available at .