23 Feb 2014
Cathay Pacific Airways today attracted about 700 applicants to a cabin crew recruitment day held at the airline’s headquarters, Cathay Pacific City. The airline plans to recruit about 1,000 cabin crew in Hong Kong this year to cope with growing operational needs.
“It is encouraging to see such an overwhelming response from applicants as we are always in search of talented and dedicated individuals to join our team, recently voted the ‘World’s Best Cabin Crew’,” said Shirley Au Yeung, Cathay Pacific Manager Cabin Crew.
At today’s event, applicants were invited to attend a career talk and undergo an arm-reach exercise (208cm), followed by group discussions and language assessment sessions. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a second round of interviews at a later date.
The airline’s cabin crew recruitment will continue throughout the year. Applicants can also apply online at www.cathaypacific.com/careers.
The average monthly salary for newly joined cabin crew is about HK$17,000-HK$18,000 (inclusive of outport allowances), depending on flight patterns and flying hours. A competitive package of staff benefits is also offered. There is a well-defined career development path for cabin crew that allows them to advance to more senior positions such as Flight Purser, Senior Purser and Inflight Services Manager.
Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew Recruitment Information
Cathay Pacific plans to recruit about 1000 cabin crew in Hong Kong this year to cope with the airline’s growing operational needs.
• Permanent Hong Kong resident status
• Minimum age of 18
• HKCEE: Minimum of Grade E in 5 HKCEE subjects (including Level 2 or above in English Language),
HKDSE: Minimum Level 2 in 5 New Senior Secondary School subjects (or “Attained” for Applied Learning subjects or Grade E for other language subjects) including English Language, or equivalent
• Fluency in English and one of the following Asian languages: Cantonese, Mandarin, Hindi, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Tagalog or Thai. Proficiency in Mandarin is preferable.
• Polished interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and customer-oriented mindset
• A minimum arm-reach of 208cm and physical fitness to pass the pre-employment medical assessment
• 6 months
Applicants must attend and pass the following selection modules:
• Phone Screening (this is exempted for Walk-in day)
• Career Talk
• Arm Reach Exercise (208cm)
• Group Activities
• Language Assessments (Including English and Mandarin)
• Final Interview
• Medical Examination
• Carry out in-flight safety and security procedures
• Provide excellent customer service, anticipate and respond to passengers’ needs promptly and in a professional manner
Remuneration and benefits:
• Salary in hourly rates
• New recruits receive a monthly average of about HKD17,000-18,000 (includes outport allowances), depending on flight patterns and flying hours
• Staff and family concessional travel benefits
• Medical coverage
• Comprehensive insurance scheme
• Cathay Pacific Provident Fund
• 21 days’ annual leave (annual leave entitlement will be adjusted according to the years of service)
Cabin Crew Career Development:
• Flight Attendant
• Flight Purser
• Senior Purser
• Inflight Services Manager
• Induction training lasts for 7 weeks of both emergency & safety training and technical & service skills training, including: first aid, emergency & safety procedures, civil aviation regulations, customs and excise service ordinance, aircraft and equipment knowledge, catering procedures, grooming, people and service, communication and service skills.
• Classroom and on-line training, cabin mock-up training and practice on aircraft
• Develop team spirit through group discussion, role play, case study and public speaking activities.
• All cabin crew are required to attend the annual Emergency and Safety Training.
• Cabin Crew will undertake further training for aircraft knowledge, service procedure and skills should there be any updates or changes.