Our home in Hong Kong
Departure from Hong Kong
We recommend arriving at the airport two hours in advance of your flight to give you sufficient time to check in, go through security and get to your gate. Meanwhile, there are a number of different ways that you can check in.
By going to Hong Kong International Airport via Airport Express (AEL), you may choose to check in at either Hong Kong or Kowloon station of the MTR. You can simply check in and collect your boarding pass as early as one day in advance (meaning any time after the counter has opened on the morning of the previous day before your flight) or as late as 90 minutes before departure.
Please note that In-town check-in service is not available for the following:
- US-bound flights – only accepts In-town check-in if within 24 hours of flight departure, due to US Transportation Security Administration (TSA) regulations.
Also note that wheelchair service and service for unaccompanied minors (UM) are available at in-town check-in stations.
5.30am to 90 minutes before the last scheduled flight departure time that day. To find out more about flight schedules and in-town check-in services, please call our reservations office or visit the MTR website, Link opens in a new window operated by external parties and may not conform to the same accessibility policies as Cathay Pacific.
Hong Kong MTR
Harbour View Street
Central, Hong Kong
Nga Cheung Road
- To check in for codeshare flights at In-Town Check-In, passengers should proceed to the operating carrier’s counters for assistance.
- To comply with the requirements from the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA), we cannot issue a boarding pass to a passenger departing for US destination more than 24 hours prior to scheduled flight departure time.
- To check in for US-bound flights at In-Town Check-In counter, passengers can only do so within 24 hours prior to flight departure.
- In the interest of airline safety, Cathay Pacific has implemented a pilot scheme to conduct an additional check on passengers’ check-in baggage for dangerous goods items (or lithium battery) at Hong Kong International Airport for flights destined for Karachi. As a result, passengers for Cathay Pacific flight CX703 are restricted from using In-Town Check-In at Hong Kong and Kowloon Stations of the Airport Express Line.
At the airport
Located on level 7, we’re here to assist you and fetch your boarding pass. You’ll find us on the same level where you arrive at the airport, by train or bus. There are a variety of self-check-in kiosks too.
Baggage trolleys are freely available, and you only need to take a short walk before reaching our check in counters in areas B and C of the check in hall.
Our First Class passengers can now experience Cathay Pacific’s new and improved First Class services at the Hong Kong International Airport, where a total of ten new dedicated check-in podiums can be accessed.
The redesigned check-in podiums incorporate the latest in computer and flat screen technology, ensuring that every check-in is as smooth and efficient as possible. Your personal check-in screen allows you to access estimated departure and arrival times, boarding gate numbers, the weather at your next destination and other important flight information, as well as your Club miles and Asia Miles balance.
First Class: Aisle B
Business Class passengers now have their own special check-in area which can be found on Aisle B.
Premium Economy Class: Aisle C
We've introduced the single queue concept so that you can enjoy quicker, hassle-free check-in service.
Economy Class: Aisle C
In compliance with the requirements from Hong Kong Civil Aviation, Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon will implement a full reconciliation of passenger travel document check at the boarding gate of Hong Kong International Airport, by comparing the name on the passenger's boarding pass with the name in the travel document, and by comparing the photograph in the document with the passenger.