Promising you better value
With our Price Promise, you can purchase our airfares with confidence. After completing a booking on our website, if you find an identical fare at a lower price on an Japan travel agency website (in Japanese yen), you can lodge a claim. First check the Fare comparison checklist on this page, then lodge a price match claim with us by midnight (Japan time) on the day of your purchase, and you'll get the fare difference refunded.
What does our "Price Promise" cover?
- Bookings made on www.cathaypacific.com/jp that depart from Japan
- Bookings paid and ticketed in full in Japanese yen
- An itinerary only with flights operated by Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon that originate in Japan
- Sold online by a licensed travel agent in Japan (Registered with the Japan Tourism Agency or the governor of prefectures where its main branch office is located).
- Quoted in Japanese yen (without using a currency converter) and the ticket is instantly issued by a licensed travel agent in Japan.
Fare comparison checklist (the following must be identical):
- Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon flight numbers
- Number and type of travellers (including the number of adults and children)
- Travel dates
- Cabin class and booking sub-class
- Rebooking, fare and cancellation conditions
- Travel itinerary and routes
- Payment method
How to make a claim for refund of fare differential
- Take an unedited, full screenshot of the fare with the price difference.
It should include the website address, company logo, full itinerary with flight numbers, cabin class and booking sub-class, total cost of the booking fees and charges as well as a timestamp (with date and time clearly visible.)
- Complete the claim form
- Attach the screenshot to the form and submit it by midnight of the same calendar day (Japan time) you purchased your ticket. You will receive the notification email within 3 working days (except for Saturday, Sunday and public holidays) if your claim is accepted or not.
- Receive a refund of the price difference via the payment method originally used to purchase the ticket.
- The "Price Promise" only applies to the total airfare with Cathay Pacific and does not apply to hotel, car hire, travel insurance, or other non-flight products purchased.
- The comparison of all fees including card fees equivalent to those used to make the booking is also covered under our promise.
- A match in airfares will not be accepted in the following circumstances:
- Lack of evidence (such as screenshot of fare differences) hence the claim cannot be verified
- Fare quotes from comparison sites
- Instances where the fares are lower due to an error made by the licensed travel agent in Japan, Link opens in a new window operated by external parties and may not conform to the same accessibility policies as Cathay Pacific (Registered with Japan Tourism Agency or the governor of prefectures where its main branch office is located)
- Fares purchased as part of package holidays
- Fares on a website that is not operated by the licensed travel agent in Japan, Link opens in a new window operated by external parties and may not conform to the same accessibility policies as Cathay Pacific (Registered with Japan Tourism Agency or the governor of prefectures where its main branch office is located)
- Cancelled or refunded bookings made on our website
- Airfares that are not publicly available such as travel industry, corporate, negotiated or other private fares including any that require an access code or login
- Airfares discounted by use of promotional codes, coupons, credits, loyalty, redemption or other non-cash methods
- Resubmitted claims or multiple claims for one booking
- Airfares that include codeshare flights or flights operated by other airlines
- The Cathay Pacific Price Promise is subject to the standard booking Terms and ConditionsOpen a new window for flights booked online at www.cathaypacific.com/jpOpen a new window
- The Price Promise can be withdrawn or altered at any time without prior notice. Claims are subject to review by Cathay Pacific and the company reserves the right to the final decision.
- In case of any discrepancy between English and Japanese, we adopt English as authentic text.