While we go through great lengths to meet the comfort and safety needs of our travellers, we cannot guarantee an environment free from allergens (e.g. eliminating tree-nuts, peanuts, eggs, milk and other items that might cause an allergic reaction). Passengers suffering from severe food allergies may consider a few precautions if they are concerned that they might be at risk of allergen exposure:
- Bringing their own food items
- Wearing a medical alert bracelet
- Carrying prescribed anaphylaxis or other treatment and ensuring it is ready-for-administration by you or your companion (i.e. ready-for-use epi-pens)
For those with severe allergies, please consult your physician to see if you are fit to fly in the given conditions. For any special accommodations, passengers are required to contact their local Cathay Pacific reservations office at least 72 hours prior to departure.
Please review the below information and our peanut and tree nut policy here, Link opens in a new window operated by external parties and may not conform to the same accessibility policies as Cathay Pacific to make your journey as smooth as possible.
Peanut and tree nut allergies
We recommend passengers with peanut and nut allergies to submit the Physician’s Statement: Peanut and Tree nut allergies form, Link opens in a new window operated by external parties and may not conform to the same accessibility policies as Cathay Pacific at least 72 hours prior to departure.
Passengers with documented allergies who wish to be extra cautious may request priority boarding in order to wipe down their seating area, using their own cleaning materials.
Our aircraft and airport lounges are not guaranteed peanut or tree nut-free environments. We also cannot prevent passengers from bringing their own peanut and tree nut products on board.
- Passengers who require peanut and tree nut-free meals are recommended to bring their own food items that do not require chilling or reheating inflight. Meals served to other passengers in the same cabin may contain peanuts and tree nut products. Unfortunately, Cathay Pacific Airways cannot provide peanut and tree nut-free meals. Please speak to our cabin crew to learn more about the ingredients in the meals served inflight.
- We serve peanuts and other tree nut snacks in our snack baskets, which passengers in all classes are free to take during the flight. Passengers with a peanut and tree nut allergy can request that non-peanut or tree nut containing cocktail snacks be served in their class of service on a Cathay Pacific flight by submitting the Physician’s Statement: Peanut and Tree nut allergies form, Link opens in a new window operated by external parties and may not conform to the same accessibility policies as Cathay Pacific . These replacement snacks are subject to availability.
Please note that, while we do offer a special meal request for 'Low Lactose Meals' – which excludes dairy products (i.e. milk, dry milk solids, casein, cream, cheese, yoghurt, butter and lactose) – those meals are not suitable for passengers with cow’s milk allergies. Read more about our special meals.