Wi-Fi and connectivity
Which electronic devices can I use during the flight?
The following can be used inflight, as well as during taxi, take-off, cruising, and landing.
- Smartphones and mobile phones
- Electronic games
- Music players
- Digital cameras
- Electric shavers
- Breast pumps
- Digital thermometers
- Medical devices
Wi-Fi or Bluetooth-enabled devices should be switched off or set to flight mode for the duration of your flight.
On A350 flights, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth can be turned on while flight mode is in use. When the “No Mobile Sign” is off, airplane mode can be switched off.
The following can be used inflight, but must be switched off and stowed away for taxi, take-off and landing:
- Portable DVD players
Please note that Wi-Fi or other connectivity capacities will need to be switched off inflight at all times.
Portable electronic devices that are prohibited for use at all times include:
- Personal appliances, such as air purifiers, smokeless cigarettes and electric massagers.
- Domestic appliances, such as power boards, humidifiers, heaters, electric blankets, hair dryers and electrical inverters/converters.
- Radios and transmitters, such as televisions, AM or FM or digital radios, walkie-talkies, amateur radio/transceivers, citizen band (CB) radios/scanners, and remote controlled devices/toys.
- Network and connecting devices, such as wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) devices.
Can I charge my device during the flight?
You can charge certain personal electronic devices (PEDs) inflight using in-seat power, although please note that this is not permitted during taxi, take-off, and landing. The aircraft outlet voltage is 110V AC with a maximum power output of 100 watts. The USB Port voltage is 5V DC with a maximum current output of 500 mA.
Due to potential safety hazards, please note that only one PED can be charged per in-seat power/USB port/power bank. The use of PED charging products such as power boards and USB multiport extenders are not allowed (see below). Multiport adapters may be used provided that only one device is connected.
Personal electronic devices prohibited at all times
The following are also prohibited from use at all times:
- Radios and transmitters, such as televisions, AM or FM or digital radios and remote controlled devices/toys
- Network and connecting devices, such as wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) devices
- Personal appliances, such as air purifiers, personal humidifiers, electric massagers
- Domestic appliances, such as hair dryers, electrical inverters/converters and electric blankets.