Your travel bubble FAQs, answered
Latest update: 04 May 2021 16:30 HKT (GMT+8)
Please note that the information provided is subject to change. In the meantime, please refer to the Hong Kong Tourism Commission website for details.
What is a travel bubble?
The Hong Kong–Singapore Air Travel Bubble allows you to travel between the two cities without having to quarantine. This arrangement will start on 26 May 2021.
No. The Air Travel Bubble allows eligible persons to enjoy quarantine-free travel between Hong Kong and Singapore. This means that you are free to go on your way once you have completed document checks and any required testing.
Find out more about eligibility and requirements.
Planning and booking
To be eligible for the Air Travel Bubble, you must:
- Have no travel history to anywhere other than Hong Kong or Singapore in the last 14 days prior to departure. Note that this does not include time spent in compulsory quarantine.
- Have received the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the departure date (if you are a Hong Kong resident who is not exempt from this requirement).
- Have recognised proof of a negative COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test, with the specimens collected within 72 hours before your scheduled flight departure time
- Have a booking on a flight designated specifically for the Air Travel Bubble
- Have the right to enter both Hong Kong and Singapore, such as having the necessary visas or residency permits (excluding the holders of Work Permits or S Passes, issued by the Singapore Ministry of Manpower to people working in the construction, marine shipyard, or process sectors). Normal visa-free entry to Hong Kong and Singapore is also permitted
Under new arrangements valid as of 26 April 2021, any time spent in compulsory quarantine or Stay-Home Notice periods in Hong Kong or Singapore does not count towards the 14-day requirement needed to participate in the bubble scheme.
In a situation where you were exempted from compulsory quarantined upon your arrival into Hong Kong or Singapore, you can travel within the Air Travel Bubble.
Non-Air Travel Bubble flights from Hong Kong to Singapore and Singapore to Hong Kong remain available.
However, please note that you cannot have a mix of travel bubble flights and non-travel bubble flights in your booking. If your departure flight from Hong Kong to Singapore is not an Air Travel Bubble flight, your return flight from Singapore to Hong Kong must also be a non-Air Travel Bubble flight.
For further inquiries regarding booking non-Air Travel Bubble flights between Hong Kong and Singapore, please call our hotline at +852 2747 3333.
Flying within the travel bubble requires a negative COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test result from a recognised laboratory or healthcare institution, with the specimen taken within 72 hours before your scheduled departure.
The Hong Kong government offers testing at their Community Testing Centres. Alternatively, check this pageOpen a new window for other instutions recognised by the Hong Kong government that offer testing.
Clinics and test centres designated by the Singapore government in Singapore can be found here.
Yes, as long as your negative test result is taken within 72 hours before your originally scheduled flight departure time. An unexpected flight delay will not affect your ability to travel.
You will have to book and pay for your test in Hong Kong ahead of time. Details for this test will be announced in due course, so please stay tuned.
Your post-arrival COVID-19 test will take about four hours to produce a result. You will be informed by SMS and email, so please ensure the accuracy of the number and email address that you provide when you book your test.
- Flight itinerary. The ticket must be for a designated Air Travel Bubble flight.
- Passport (and a valid visa, for passport holders needing visas)
- Negative COVID-19 PCR test result from a recognised testing institution within 72 hours before the scheduled flight departure time. This report must be in English and contain your passport number (or HKID number) date of birth (or age), and your name exactly as it appears in your valid travel document. Children aged 6 or under are not required to have a COVID-19 PCR test.
- Valid Air Travel Pass approval letter (electronic or physical copy) for the specified period of entry into Singapore (if you’re not a Singapore citizen, permanent resident or Long-Term Pass holder)
- Mobile device with Singapore’s TraceTogether appOpen a new window already downloaded and registered. Note that (i) children aged 12 years old or younger, and travelling with a parent/guardian, and (ii) those unable to use a mobile device due to a certified disability and/or special need are not required to download the TraceTogether app.
- Your approval letter of entry, issued by the Singapore government (for Long-Term Pass holders)
You’re also required to submit a health declaration electronically via the SG Arrival Card e-service.
Finally, we’ll also ask you to sign a declaration form at check-in to confirm that you meet all the requirements of the Air Travel Bubble, and that you have all the supporting documentation with you.
You will need your:
- Flight itinerary. The ticket must be for a designated Air Travel Bubble flight
- Passport, HKID, and a valid visa, for passport holder needing visas
- Negative COVID-19 PCR test result, with the sample taken within 72 hours of departure. This test result must be in English or Chinese and must state your name exactly as it appears on your travel document
- Valid QR code showing you’ve booked and paid for your on-arrival COVID test in Hong Kong
- Valid QR code showing your electronic Hong Kong government health declaration
- You will also need to download and install the LeaveHomeSafe app on your mobile device, prior to landing in Hong Kong.
To help maintain our high standards of hygiene, you’ll be required to wear face coverings in situations where you cannot maintain a physical distance of 2 metres (6.5 feet) from others. This includes:
- During check-in;
- Airport lounges;
- During boarding;
- In the aircraft cabin; and
- During disembarkation
Additionally, you’ll need to answer health screening questions upon check-in.
Suspension and cancellations
It is possible that the bubble could be suspended if COVID-19 cases rise in either Singapore or Hong Kong. Travellers within the bubble may have to observe prevailing quarantine requirements, according to the Hong Kong and Singapore governments. For details, please refer to the Hong Kong and Singapore government websites.
If the Air Travel Bubble is suspended, we'll ensure that everyone who has already commenced their journey can get home by rebooking them onto non-Air Travel Bubble flights. Please note that normal quarantine procedures will apply for passengers travelling on non-Air Travel Bubble flights.
We’ll refund or change travel dates without charge for anyone due to travel during the suspension period.