Exclusive hangars tour for aircraft enthusiasts
If you’ve ever been curious about the secrets of an aircraft, this is your chance to get up close and personal with the planes that fly us near and far.
Go on a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to explore the maintenance hangars of HAECO Hong Kong and enjoy a staycation at Sheraton Hong Kong Tung Chung Hotel or The Silveri Hong Kong-MGallery.
If you’re a Macro Polo Club member, or if you hold the Standard Chartered Cathay Mastercard® , you’ll get priority booking before this unique staycation is made available to the public on 18 July 2022. Book this package and earn HKD5 = 1. What’s more, you’ll earn an additional HKD2 = 1 if you pay with a Standard Chartered Cathay Mastercard.
Due to overwhelming responses, all packages have been sold out. Thank you for your support. Please stay tuned for our next exciting experience.
Exclusive tour at HAECO Hong Kong
On a visit to HAECO, one of the world’s leading aircraft engineering and maintenance facilities, you can check out the cockpit of an A350-900 aircraft, take a closer look at an A321neo aircraft, and learn about the maintenance work that takes place in HAECO hangars, such as “dentCHECK” and AR goggles. You'll bring home a goodie bag of Cathay and HAECO memorabilia as extra treats to remember.
Staycation at Sheraton Hong Kong Tung Chung Hotel
Before the HAECO tour, enjoy the view of Hong Kong’s airport with a stay at Sheraton Hong Kong Tung Chung Hotel. You have the choice of a City View room or an Ocean View room. During your stay, you’ll enjoy a complimentary breakfast, 15% off dinner buffet on 27 August 2022 and a round-trip transfer to HAECO for your tour experience.
Staycation at The Silveri Hong Kong-MGallery
Check out The Silveri Hong Kong-MGallery, one of the newest hotels in town. During your stay, you’ll enjoy a complimentary breakfast, buy one get one free for selected drinks at THE PAVILION on 27 August 2022 and a round-trip transfer to HAECO for your tour experience.
Package for 2 adults and 1 kid
Enjoy your stay at Sheraton Hong Kong Tung Chung Hotel on 27 August 2022, head to the HAECO for an exclusive tour at 8:00am or 1:00pm on 28 August 2022. Packages are available from HKD5,990.
Package for 2 adults and 2 kids
Enjoy your stay at Sheraton Hong Kong Tung Chung Hotel on 27 August 2022, head to the HAECO for an exclusive tour at 8:00am or 1:00pm on 28 August 2022. Packages are available from HKD6,990.
Package for 2 adults
Enjoy your stay at Sheraton Hong Kong Tung Chung Hotel or The Silveri Hong Kong-MGallery on 27 August 2022, head to the HAECO for an exclusive tour at 8:00am or 1:00pm on 28 August 2022. Packages are available from HKD4,990.
Reserve your spot with miles
Due to overwhelming responses, all packages have been sold out. Thank you for your support. Please find other travel awards here.
Information about HAECO tour
- Visitors must be at 5 years old or above. Anyone between 5 and under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Tour will be conducted in Cantonese.
- Eating is not allowed during the tour.
- Comfortable clothing is recommended. Trousers and covered footwear are required. No sandals, flip-flops or high heels are permitted.
- Visitors must follow the instruction of our staff. Visitors confirm and agree that they take part in this event entirely at their own risk and responsibility and that they will not hold Cathay or HAECO responsible for any injury or for any damage to or loss or destruction of property or any other economic loss or for any consequential loss.
- Photography and video-recording throughout the facility is prohibited except designated points with special permission.
- The tour duration is around 4 hours. Visitors are requested to ensure they are free of any condition that will prohibit them from participating in the facility tour.
- The venue may not be fully equipped with barrier-free facilities. Visitors with reduced mobility may not be guaranteed with full tour experience.
- In case visitors feel unwell on arrival or at any time during the facility tour, please inform our staff for assistance.
- Cathay reserves the right to change the aircraft model due to operational requirements at any time without prior notice.
- Filming and photography may take place during the experience. The output will be used in all Cathay and Asia Miles marketing and promotional materials worldwide, including, but not necessarily limited to, the Internet and social media platforms.
- Cathay reserves the right to cancel the visit in case of emergency, in the interest of safety or for any other reasons.
Entry requirement of HAECO
- Visitors must provide a valid identity document, namely HKID card or passport.
- Only tour participants will be permitted to enter the premises.
- Visitors should have received their third dose of COVID-19 vaccine (or two doses if you were previously diagnosed with COVID-19), and present their “Electronic Vaccination” Record and pass the verification of the Government QR Code Verification Scanner before entering HAECO. If the visitor is unable to present any Vaccination Record, a photo of a RAT with Negative result conducted on that same day has to be provided.
- Visitors are required to complete a health and travel declaration and scan the “LeaveHomeSafe” QR code before entering HAECO.
- Visitors should cancel the visit if fever or any respiratory symptoms present.
- Visitors are required to wear a mask and perform hand hygiene frequently.
- Entry will be declined if visitors cannot provide the required proof or refuse to comply with the above requirement, and in such circumstances, Cathay reserves the right not to refund the tour.
- Display the visitor permit at all times on the premises.
- Stay with the tour group at all times and within seeing and hearing distance of the tour host. All visitors have to be under escort of authorized personnel in Tenant Restricted Area (TRA) or Airport Restricted Area (ARA).
- Visitors should keep their personal items with them at all times.
Environment, Health and Safety in HAECO
- No smoking at the premises.
- Cell phones/pagers are not allowed to use when fuel tank work is carried out nearby or when getting to specific areas that phones may interfere with the equipment.
- Repair and maintenance work conducted in the facility may involve the use of paint, sprays or chemicals, etc. that carry some strong smell.
- Do not access to plant rooms, electrical distribution boards, roof areas, workshops, stores, etc. unless authorized.
- Adhere to all warning signs as displayed. Do not touch or attempt to operate any machinery, tools, or parts.
- Do not go to outdoor area when lightning warning is on.
- Upon hearing a fire alarm, remain calm and follow the tour host to leave the facility orderly. Do not use the lift or enter the area in question until the premises are officially declared safe.
- In case of any emergency, seek tour host for assistance.
- Package is non-refundable. Amendment is not allowed.
- The actual number of staying guests must match with the confirmed reservation, and participant(s) of HAECO tour must be the check-in guest(s). No change is allowed.
- Images and Video are for reference and marketing purposes only. All Guests must wear face masks and maintain appropriate social distancing.
- In the event of any conflicts between English version and the others, the English version prevails.