Whether you’re flying to study abroad, returning home, or planning a getaway in between terms, travel lies at the heart of life as an overseas student.
Take advantage of exclusive fares*, extra baggage allowance and free changes^ when you book our student-only discount codes HKSTUPLUS (to the United Kingdom and Ireland) or HKSTUDENT (to other selected destinations).
* Passengers who purchase a Cathay Pacific student fare ticket must present a valid International Student Identity Card (ISIC), student number, student visa or a letter of acceptance from the school for verification when checking in at the airport. Passengers who are unable to present the required documents for proof of student status will be required to pay the fare difference for their flight.
^ Only available for selected fare categories.
Student fare options
Our Light, Essential and Flex Economy faresOpen a new window offer you more choices and more value than ever. And when you purchase a Cathay Pacific student flight ticket, we’ll throw in even more flexibility and benefits.*
|Student fare price||Exclusive fare rate^|
|Cabin baggage||1 piece, 7kg||1 piece, 7kg||1 piece, 7kg|
|Checked baggage+||1 piece, 23kg||2 pieces, 23kg each||2 pieces, 23kg each|
|Student fare checked baggage+||-||+ 1 extra piece (to US/Canada only), 23kg||+ 1 extra piece (all destinations), 23kg|
|Student fare flight changes||Exclusive rate of USD50||Exclusive rate of USD20||Free|
|Free seat pre-selection||-||
(also applicable to extra legroom)
|Free same-day earlier flight change||-||-|
To travel in true style, book Cathay Pacific's Premium Economy and Business student fares. On top of our unrivalled experience, we offer students three pieces of checked baggage and unlimited complimentary date changes on every booking.
+ Checked baggage allowances are applicable to Cathay Pacific operated flights only. Baggage size and piece restrictionsOpen a new window may apply.
The Cathay Pacific Student Saver package
Travelling back and forth, or want to book a year’s travel in advance? Save more when you book multiple student fare tickets to the United Kingdom and Ireland with Cathay Pacific's Student Saver package.*
When you buy a Student Saver package ticket, we’ll send you unique discount codes to book your second and third flights at increased savings.^ Here’s how it works.
* Available on select flights only
^ Each unique discount code can only be used by the named passenger on the first student fare flight ticket booked. This offer is only available when booking the same journey multiple times. Each discount code expires after 24 hours (giving you 48 hours in total to purchase all three tickets).
|Departure Period:||26 Sep 2022 - 31 Aug 2023|
|Book by:||31 Mar 2023|
(Student Saver Package):
See terms and conditions for complete details.
* One-way bookings not available for Chinese Mainland and Japan
- The Offer applies to student age 31 or below (based on outbound departure date) with a valid International Student Identity Card (ISIC) or Student number.
- To enjoy the offer, passengers should book flight ticket(s) through the official website www.cathaypacific.com by entering the discount code “HKSTUPLUS” or “HKSTUDENT” at the discount code field. Any request to apply the discount code after checkout is not accepted.
- The discount code cannot be used on Cathay Pacific mobile app or other channels.
- Children and infant discount not applicable.
- Offer is valid all year round; airfares differ according to destination.
- Tickets must originate and be issued in Hong Kong.
- Rebooking: USD50 (Economy Light), USD20 (Economy Essential), Free (Economy Flex, Premium Economy and Business Class) per ticket. Changes must be made before the ticketed flight/date.
- Cancellation Fee (Chinese Mainland and Japan): USD150 (Economy Light), USD100 (Economy Essential), USD80 (Economy Flex, Premium Economy and Business Class) per ticket for wholly unused ticket only. For partially used tickets, refund applied only if residual is available after deducting the applicable fare (same or higher class code) for the transportation used plus handling fee per ticket.
- Cancellation Fee (Other destinations): USD230 (Economy Light), USD180 (Economy Essential), USD100 (Economy Flex, Premium Economy and Business Class) per ticket for wholly unused ticket only. For partially used tickets, refund applied only if residual is available after deducting the applicable fare (same or higher class code) for the transportation used plus handling fee per ticket.
- No-show fee (Chinese Mainland and Japan): USD150 per ticket.
- No-show fee (Other destinations): USD200 per ticket.
- Premium Economy Class may not be available on all flight segments. Where passengers choose to switch their booking after ticket issuance to a flight not offering Premium Economy Class, Economy Class seat will be offered without any fare refund.
- Fares displayed include taxes and carrier-imposed surcharges. All fares, government taxes and fees, and surcharges are subject to change at any time. For ticket cancellations, where applicable, the Hong Kong Passenger Security Charge, the Hong Kong Air Passenger Departure Tax, and the Hong Kong International Airport Construction Fee will be refunded without any administration fees.
- The fares detailed in this offer are subject to limited availability and offered on a first come, first served basis.
- For details regarding mileage accrual, please refer to www.asiamiles.com.
- Other terms and conditions apply.
- This offer is subject to change without prior notice.
- Cathay Pacific Airways Limited reserves the right of final decision on the offer.
Add overseas student insurance to your booking
- 24-hour worldwide emergency assistance service
- Up to HKD1,000,000 medical expenses cover for confinement or outpatient treatment
- Leisure activities cover, including skiing, scuba diving, rafting, parachuting and all water sports
- 5% discount on premium
To take advantage of this offer, you must be:
- A Hong Kong SAR resident
- Age 10 – 30 years old
- Studying full time at an overseas institution
Chubb’s worldwide annual premium plan costs HKD3,800.
Please note that the policy effective date must be on or before the date you depart for your study trip.
Exclusive student offer at HKairportShop.com
Book our student fares and enjoy up to HKD200 off on HKairportShop.com*
*Limited quota applies on a first-come, first-served basis
Exclusive student offer at the Plaza Premium LoungeBook our student fares to enjoy up to 60% off at the Plaza Premium Lounge in Hong Kong
Exclusive student offer at the Cathay Pacific shopBook our student fares and earn a bonus of 500 Asia Miles with your purchase at the Cathay Pacific shop.
The latest COVID-19 updatesGet useful information about travelling during
COVID-19, our flexible booking options and how we're protecting passengers on board.
Fly (worry) free with unlimited changesIf you’re trying to plan ahead, you can now book with greater peace of mind. We’re giving you the freedom to make unlimited changes to new tickets, without the usual change fees.
Introducing Fly ReadyA convenient way to upload your COVID-19 test results and other required health documents before your flight to Hong Kong. We’ll verify them ahead of time – so you can arrive at the airport ready to fly.