Returning to the skies
Reopening the world
Our network is growing
We are adding more flights between London Heathrow and Hong Kong and we are gradually returning to major cities across Asia and South West Pacific including Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo.
Discover our current network >
From paradise beaches to high-tech cities, from mesmerising, ancient temples to iconic skylines, it's time to start looking forward to your next trip.
Our commitment to your safety and wellbeing
We have introduced enhanced measures across every stage of your journey so you can fly with confidence.
At London Heathrow airport
- You will need to wear a face covering, which is a mandatory requirement for all passengers aged 6 or older.
- All check-in and bag drop desks are fitted with protective screens. The check-in areas all have a "Keep your distance" floor marking.
- Self-service facilities are currently closed, but online check-in is still available to help reduce the number of touchpoints.
- At security, staff are on hand to help you social distance. Security trays and mats are regularly deep-cleaned and you can also use the provided wipes. Hand sanitiser dispensers are located across the terminal.
- Seats in departure lounges have been re-arranged so that they are two-metres apart. Shops are starting to open again and restaurants are offering take-away services.
- Temperature checks for all passengers.
- You will need to keep your face covering on throughout the flight.
- Thorough sanitisation of all on-board surfaces.
- A modified meal service designed to reduce contact with the crew.
- HEPA filtered cabin air, removing 99.999 per cent of airborne contaminants and ensuring the highest possible quality of air.
- Masks, gloves and goggles provided for all our crews.
Learn more about Cathay Care >
First and Business Class Lounges
The Wing First Class and Business Class Lounges (Gates 1-4) at Hong Kong International Airport are open for eligible passengers and Marco Polo members.
All other Cathay Pacific Lounges, with the exception of Shanghai Pudong International airport, remain closed.
- All passengers will be temperature checked.
- You will be required to keep your face covering on.
- Our Lounge team will also be wearing face covering.
- Meal services have been adjusted to reduce contact with our team.
Connecting in Hong Kong
- Air transfer and transit services have resumed * at Hong Kong International Airport.
- You can use the transfer/transit services if you have been checked through to your final destination under the same ticket.
- Cleaning measures have been stepped up to protect your health and wellbeing, including the use of Intelligent Sterilisation Robots to help sanitise the terminal.
- You will need to keep your face covering on through the airport.
* From 15 August until 11:59pm on 15 October 2020, passengers starting their journey in Chinese mainland will be able to transit through Hong Kong International Airport provided they meet the above requirements.
Transiting to destinations in Chinese mainland remains unavailable.
Free rebooking and ticket changes
Book with greater peace of mind. We’re giving you the freedom to make unlimited changes to new tickets, without extra charge, up to a year after purchase.
- If you know when you'd like to travel, it's quick, easy and free to make changes to your ticket. You can push back your travel dates - or select a new destination.
Find out more about free rebooking >
- If you already have a ticket and don't know when you'd like to fly, you can easily exchange it for Cathay Credits to use at a later date.