24-hour free cancellation
Book directly with us
When you book directly on our website or mobile app, remember to sign in as a member and check that your membership number has been added to the “Frequent flyer number” field when inputting your personal details.
Cancel free of charge within 24 hours
Changed your mind after booking? If you need to cancel your ticket, you can do so free of charge within 24 hours through Manage Booking. You can check your original confirmation email for the date and time of your free cancellation period.
What you need to know
Frequently asked questions
Cathay members who have added their membership number or signed up for the membership during the booking process are eligible. If you’re not a member, sign up now to enjoy 24-hour free cancellation.
Simply fill in your Cathay membership number at the time of booking on the “Passenger information” page to enjoy this benefit. If the membership number was added after the booking process, you will not be eligible for the 24-hour free cancellation.
Bookings made on our website at cathaypacific.com or Cathay Pacific mobile app are eligible for 24-hour free cancellation.
Bookings that are not eligible include:
- Flights departing within eight days (192 hours)
- Asia Miles flight award bookings, hotel bookings, package bookings, group bookings, MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences, exhibitions) bookings, and land and sea transport codeshare services
Only advance seat reservations, pre-paid extra baggage and lounge pass purchased or redeemed in the same 24-hour free cancellation window will be eligible for refund.
- Cash and bank transfer: 20 calendar days*
- Other forms of payment: 7 calendar days*
* Please note the time required for the actual refund to reach your account will depend on individual banks and payment service providers. The refund processing time might also vary between tickets and travel extras. The above guidelines do not apply to special refunds involving service on other airlines.
If you paid with Miles Plus Cash, the miles balance will be credited to your membership account after seven working days. Please refer to the Membership summary page for the refunded miles. The cash portion will be refunded to the original payment card within seven working days.
No, the Cathay membership number must be added at the time of booking to enjoy 24-hour free cancellation. Members who have signed up during the booking process are also eligible for the 24-hour free cancellation.