Member-exclusive 24-hour free cancellation
Terms and Conditions
- “24-hour free cancellation” is the option and service provided by Cathay Pacific to allow Cathay members to cancel flight bookings on the terms and conditions set out herein. Besides these terms and conditions, please refer to the conditions of contract that are printed on your itinerary receipt and Cathay Pacific’s general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage.
- It is only available for bookings made on the Cathay Pacific official website (cathaypacific.com) or official mobile application (Cathay Pacific App).
- The applicable cancellation period is within 24 hours after the booking was made, the date and time for free cancellation will be shown on the payment page and on the confirmation email.
- It is only applicable to fully unused tickets. Reissued, split and rebooked tickets are not eligible.
- It is not applicable to “Hold your fare” tickets.
- It is only applicable to Cathay members. Customers will need to sign-in and indicate their Cathay membership number at the time of booking on Passenger Information page in order to enjoy this benefit. Customers who signed up after booking can add their membership number to their booking in Manage Booking to enjoy the benefit.
- It is not available for flight (first sector) departing within eight days (192 hours).
- Interline and codeshare flight booked through Cathay Pacific official website (cathaypacific.com) or official mobile application (Cathay Pacific App) are eligible under this policy.
- Travel extras including Travel insurance and “Hold your fare” service fee are non-refundable under this policy.
- It is not applicable to hotel bookings, package booking, group booking, Asia Miles Flight Awards booking, MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences, exhibitions) bookings, land and sea transport (codeshare services). Cathay Pacific have the sole and absolute discretion on whether “24-hour free cancellation” is available for any flight, package or booking.
- Tax and fuel surcharge will also be refunded under “24-hour free cancellation”.
- The refund request must be made online through Manage Booking website. Manage Booking on mobile app does not support 24-hour free cancellation refund currently.
- Your refund will take seven working days for credit card and Pay Pal transactions. Otherwise it can take up to 20 calendar days.
- If you have paid with Miles Plus Cash, your miles portion will be refunded back to the original membership account.
- If you purchased your ticket directly through Cathay Pacific and have submitted your refund requests through Manage Booking, you can log into Manage Booking to check your refund status for the past 90 days.
- This policy does not apply to US website as online bookings made via US website seven days before departure is entitled to full refund within 24 hours after booking creation.
- Cathay Pacific reserve the right to revise these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
- In case of any discrepancy between the English version and any translated version of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.