Free rebooking and ticket changes
Make unlimited changes to your booking – for no extra charge
If you know when you’d like to fly, you can easily make free and unlimited changes to your ticket.
There are two special arrangements in effect, based on when your tickets were issued. To learn more, please select the date range below that applies to your booking.
Special ticketing arrangements
If your ticket was issued on or before 23 March 2020, for travel until 31 March 2021, you can change your booking unlimited times with no rebooking or rerouting fees. We've also extended the final travel date to 31 March 2022, so you can travel when it suits you best.
Please refer to the below table to determine if your booking is eligible.
|Destination/origin||Ticket issuing date||Original travel period||Ticket change deadline||Travel must be completed by|
|All destinations/origins||On/before 23 March 2020||1 June 2020 to 31 March 2021||Ticket must be changed before the departure date||31 March 2022|
You can easily alter your booking in Manage Booking. If you booked through a travel agent or third-party website, please contact them directly to organise your changes.
If you’re unsure when you’d like to fly, another option is to exchange your ticket for Cathay Credits. Equal to the value of your original ticket, Cathay Credits can be saved and used to book trip at a later date. Learn more about Cathay Credits.
Some conditions apply:
- Tickets must be booked to/from/via destinations in our network, on flights with a Cathay Pacific (‘CX’) flight number.
- Tickets must be booked directly through our website, mobile app or Global Contact Centre. For bookings made through a travel agent or third-party website, please contact them directly for changes.
- Fare differences may apply.
We’re giving you the flexibility to make free and unlimited changes to all new tickets issued between 9 March 2020 and 30 June 2021. Please refer to the below table to determine if your booking is eligible.
|Destination/origin||Ticket issuing date||Ticket change deadline||Must travel before|
|All destinations/origins||9 March 2020 to 30 June 2021||31 December 2021||30 June 2022|
You can easily adjust your booking using Manage BookingOpen a new window until 30 June 2021. After then, simply call your local reservations office to make any further changes. Free and unlimited changes can be made up to 31 December 2021.
If you booked through a travel agent or third-party website, please contact them directly to organise your ticket changes.
Some conditions apply:
- Travel must be completed by 30 June 2022.
- Applicable to all tickets originally purchased and issued between 9 March 2020 and 30 June 2021.
- The offer above applies to Cathay Pacific tickets only.
- Applicable to all fares, except redemption tickets, group tickets and Cathay Pacific Holidays packages.
- Booking changes must be made before departure.
- Fare/ tax differences may apply, due to the fare restrictions/ conditions of your ticket.
- Standard cancellation guidelines apply to all fares.
- Those who have booked directly with us can rebook and reroute through Manage booking. Otherwise, please contact your travel agent.
How to make changes to your booking
If you booked through Cathay Pacific – on our website, mobile app or through our call centre – you can easily make changes in Manage Booking. Watch the below video for a step-by-step guide to altering your ticket.
If you purchased your ticket through a travel agent or a third-party website – like Skyscanner – please contact them directly to organise your change.
If you booked a redemption ticket, please contact Asia Miles through their online form. You will need to provide the following information in the form: your booking reference number, destination and preferred flight date/time.
Learn more about your ticket change options
Watch this to learn more about your different ticket change options: rebooking your ticket, exchanging your ticket for Cathay Credits, and cancelling your ticket.