Special ticketing guidelines for passengers travelling through Bali (Denpasar)
Latest update: 10 Dec 2017 15:30 HKT (GMT+8)
Due to the potential eruption of Mt Agung, with immediate effect, rebooking/rerouting/ refund charge will be waived for all tickets issued worldwide (irrespective of fare type) on/before 10 December 2017 for travel with Cathay Pacific/Cathay Dragon confirmed booking arriving to and departing from Denpasar (DPS) between 10 December 2017 and 14 December 2017.
1. Cathay Pacific/Cathay Dragon tickets
a. Cancellation and Refund
- Waive on cancellation and refund charges
- No show passenger is not eligible for the waiver
- For all tickets include non-refundable tickets
b. Rebooking/ rerouting
Rebooking/ rerouting charges will be waived on conditions that:
- such requests are made on/before 14 December 2017 and before departure, for travel with Cathay Pacific/Cathay Dragon confirmed booking arriving to and departing from Denpasar (DPS) between 10 December 2017 and 14 December 2017.
No-show passengers are not eligible for the waiver.
- Revised (NEW) travel date must be on/before 31 January 2018 and subject to flight availability.
In which case, the ticket expiry date will be adjusted accordingly.
- The newly rebooked sector must observe and conform to the conditions of the respective fare rule, e.g. blackout dates, flight application, weekend/weekday travel, stopover charges and applicable seasonality by collecting additional/refunding difference (if any) as appropriate.
- Reissuance charges will only be waived due to the expiry of the original ticket
- Rerouting to/from/via any Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon online city
And subject to flight availability and fare/tax difference.
c. Group Tickets
- Please refer to your local travel agent.
2. Asia Miles airline award tickets
For further details: