Upgrades are selected based on seat availability, the number of offers received and other factors that are at Cathay’s sole discretion; as such there is no guarantee that your offer will be accepted, even at the highest permitted level.
The success of an offer depends on a combination of factors including but not limited to:
- The amount offered for the upgrade
- Competing offers
- Your Cathay membership status
- The number of passengers in the same booking
- The number of seats available for upgrades
- Whether you have checked into your flight in your original fare class, prior to the bidding window being closed
To improve your chances of success, we recommend putting forward your best offer. If you are a Cathay member, we will recognise your status by up-weighting your Upgrade Bid offer accordingly.