25 Jun 2010
(HONG KONG) Dragonair today announced the launch of promotions and inflight activities in celebration of its 25th anniversary. The company unveiled its special-livery aircraft commemorating its silver anniversary on 10 June.
A series of exciting consumer promotions and inflight celebratory activities will begin in July, along with the anniversary of the airline’s inaugural flight on 26 July from Hong Kong to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia in 1985. Dragonair Chief Executive Officer James Tong said, “This is a momentous year for Dragonair, as we celebrate our 25 years of success and achievement in this exciting and challenging industry. We would also like to express a large and sincere ‘thank you’ to all of our customers for their support, and share our happiness on the special occasion of our 25th birthday by offering direct rewards to our customers, in addition to our continuous effort to improve all of our services.”
A unique online lucky draw will be held on the day of the special anniversary. Passengers booking tickets for any Dragonair destination through dragonair.com.hk between 00:00 on 26 July and 01:00 on 27 July will be eligible to win the cash voucher equal to the value of the tickets booked. The voucher can be redeemed for tickets on their next booking on Dragonair flights. The number of winners within the 25 hours is unlimited, and every 25th transaction will be selected as a winner. The more tickets purchased online, the greater the value of the voucher. (Please see Appendix A for details).
Passengers making purchases on board the flight will also be eligible for a special lucky draw. From July through September, passengers spending HK$500 or more on inflight sales are eligible to enter a monthly lucky draw, with the chance to win a gold Dragonair A330 model aircraft valued at approximately HK$35,000. (Please see Appendix B for details).
To commemorate the silver anniversary of Dragonair’s inaugural flight on 26 July, every passenger making any inflight purchase that day will receive a free bottle of Calvin Klein ck One Eau de Toilette (15ml) fragrance.
Passengers will also be able to purchase many new and exclusive items during their journeys, including G.O.D. name card holders and special anniversary items such as an Anniversary wireless airplane mouse, Anniversary Wine from 1985, and Anniversary Livery aircraft model.
Following the launch of Home Delivery Service for inflight purchases in April, Dragonair is also adding products to coincide with the excitement and passion of the World Cup, including football T-shirts with authentic signatures from world famous football stars including Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo, as well as food, drink, and home appliances. (Please see Appendix B for details).
To share its happiness with all passengers, Dragonair will offer free Häagen-Dazs ice-cream bars specially tailored for 25th Anniversary on selected flights on 26 July, while special 25th Anniversary Kee Wah mini-cookies and pineapple cakes will be offered on selected flights from 1 July and 16 July respectively to the end of this year.
“Passengers are always Dragonair’s first priority. We are committed to achieving service excellence, and we are extremely excited and gratified to be able to share the fruits of our success with the customers whose support has enabled us to grow and reach this milestone,” Mr Tong said.
Details of Dragonair 25th Anniversary Online Booking Lucky Draw
Date:Any passenger who books online at dragonair.com.hk for ex-HKG sector departure on or before 31 December 2010.
Duration:25 hours (from 00:00 on 26 July 2010 to 01:00 on 27 July 2010).
Eligibility:Any passenger who books online at dragonair.com.hk for ex-HKG sector departure on or before 31 December 2010.
Destination:All Dragonair destinations available for online booking at dragonair.com.hk.
Fare Class:All revenue classes, including adult and child tickets.
Prize:Reward in the same amount in the form of Dragonair Cash Voucher (in HK$) as the ticket(s) purchased at dragonair.com.hk for use in the future purchase of Dragonair air tickets, subject to tax and surcharges.
Number of Winners:• Every 25th online booking will win, i.e. the 25th booking, 50th, 75th, and so on. No ceiling is set for the number of winners; • The number of transactions per person is unlimited but the number of tickets purchased in a single online booking is limited to six.
Redemption Period:27 July 2010 – 31 January 2011
Award Travel Period:27 July 2010 – 30 June 2011
*Please refer to Terms and Conditions for details
- Any passenger spending HK$500 or more on inflight sales from July through September will receive a chance to enter the lucky draw. The more you purchase the more chances to win.
- One winner will be drawn every month. He or she will receive a gold Dragonair A330 model aircraft weighting 2.5 taels, valued at approximately HK$35,000.
-Every passenger making any purchase onboard on 26 July will receive a free bottle of Calvin Klein ck One EDT fragrance.
New Items and Dragonair-exclusive Items
- A total of 65 new items for onboard sales, and 14 new items for home delivery, will be available in the coming quarter (July through September).
- New partners for inflight products include G.O.D., SUN Jewellery, and TATEOSSIAN.
- Special anniversary inflight items include the 25th Anniversary Wireless Airplane Mouse, 25th Anniversary Wine from 1985 (Château Fourcas Dupré 1985), and Anniversary Livery aircraft model.
Home delivery services
- Football T-shirts with authentic signatures from world-renowned football stars
- Food and drink and home appliances also available, including healthy rice and sake from Japan, and coffee sets.
Other inflight anniversary items (selected flights)
- Special 25th Anniversary Häagen-Dazs ice-cream bars for passengers on 26 July (for all classes on selected flights).
- Special 25th Anniversary Kee Wah mini-cookies (six flavours) from 1 July to the end of this year (for Economy Class on selected flights).
- Special 25th Anniversary Pineapple cakes from 16 July to the end of this year (for Economy Class on flights from Taipei and Kaohsiung).