Flying to Hong Kong: what you need to prepare
Latest update: 08 Jul 2021 17:11 UTC +1 (CET)
Before you fly you must have a COVID-19 PCR-based nucleic acid test
The Hong Kong government has announced a new entry requirement for travellers with final destination Hong Kong.
If you have been in, are flying from, or transiting through Belgium in the 14 days before your trip, and are ending your journey in Hong Kong, you must have a COVID-19 PCR-based nucleic acid test before you fly and have received a negative result 72 hours prior to departure.
Find out more about your testing options and the required documents before you fly.
- If you are travelling from Belgium to Hong Kong, you must have a negative COVID-19 PCR-based test report (English or Chinese) within 72 hours of your flight and received a negative result prior to departure. The test must be done at a testing facility that is recognised and meets the requirements of the Government of Hong Kong.
- You will also need to provide accreditation documents (English or Chinese) to the border authorities, including Certification of Accreditation or Certificate of Compliance that the laboratory is ISO 1589 accredited by BELAC in Belgium.
- A confirmation of a hotel room reservation at one of the designated hotels in Hong Kong, starting on the day of your arrival in Hong Kong for no less than 21 nights if you are not fully vaccinated, or are unvaccinated. Or 14 nights if you are fully vaccinated. To be eligible for a shortened hotel quarantine, you need your vaccination certificate in English with the following information:
- Full names according to your travel document
- Type, dose and date of 1st vaccination
- Type, dose and date of 2nd vaccination
- Name of the medical institute that gave the vaccination.
Please note: The EU Digital COVID Certificate does not comply with requirements set out by the Hong Kong government and is not recognised as proof of vaccination. Please make sure to bring your original vaccination certificate with you to the airport.
- Please note that passengers who are unable to meet these requirements will not be accepted for travel. Read more here.
- Please visit the COVID-19-website of the government of Hong Kong for any latest updates.
Getting Tested and accreditation documents
You must book your COVID-19 PCR-based nucleic acid test with a testing facility that meets the entry requirements for Hong Kong.
The list of recognized testing facilities is available by clicking hereOpen a new window. We recommend printing this list as proof that your testing facility is mentioned on this list of recognized facilities.
Additionally, we strongly recommend to print this supporting letter from the Belgian ConsulateOpen a new window confirming that the laboratory is accredited by the local government, and present these printouts together with the test result at the airports in Belgium and in Hong Kong.
Your wellbeing on board
We understand your concerns, and have introduced enhanced measures across every stage of the journey – from check-in to the cabin – so you can take off with confidence.
Fly (worry) free with unlimited changes
If you’re trying to plan ahead, you can now book with greater peace of mind. We’re giving you the freedom to make unlimited changes to new tickets, without the usual change fees.