In order to save full issues of newspapers and magazines to your device, you must install the PressReader app. You can also read stories at pressreader.com without downloading the app as long as you’re connected to WiFi in a Cathay Pacific or Cathay Dragon lounge.
48 hours before your flight, you’ll be able to claim your access. Once you do, however, you’ll have 24 hours to download content. There is no limit to the number of issues you can save during that 24-hour period.
No. It’s not necessary to register an account to use PressReader. However, if you want to use the service on multiple devices or share stories to your social platforms, you’ll need to register a free account.
Unfortunately, your access to PressReader is limited to 48 hours before your departure flight. Remember, you can always download more issues and read more stories any time you visit a Cathay Pacific or Cathay Dragon lounge.
1. If you’re trying to connect through the Cathay Pacific lounge WiFi network and you’re asked to pay for a download, check the coffee cup icon at the bottom right corner of your screen. It should be green. If it isn’t, you might need to reconnect to the lounge WiFi again. Visit the concierge desk if that doesn’t resolve the issue.
2. If you’re trying to connect through the Cathay Pacific app and you’re asked to pay for a download, return to the Cathay Pacific app and tap on the illuminated PressReader icon next to your name in your booking confirmation. Remember, the icons will illuminate – letting you know you’re able to activate your free access period, 48 hours before your flight. If you’ve activated the free access period, but you still can’t view any issues in the PressReader app, report the issue by following the below instruction:
- Click “More” at the bottom of the PressReader app
- Select “Settings” then “General”
- Choose “Send us Feedback”
- Click “SEND” (Cc firstname.lastname@example.org , no need to type in any content)
Yes. To extend your experience on PressReader, you can subscribe for complete access to the platform from almost anywhere in the world. Or, you can visit any of PressReader’s hotel and library partners around the world to continue your complimentary service. You can find those locations at pressreader.com/hotspot/map.