02 Nov 2010
Cathay Pacific Airways today announced an exciting development in its award-winning inflight entertainment system, StudioCX, with passengers onboard all long-haul and some regional flights now able to enjoy full seasons of eight of their favourite comedies and dramas – available in all cabins, on demand, and in digital-widescreen format.
From 1 November, the full seasons of popular shows such as Mad Men, Californication, 30 Rock, Scrubs and The Thick of It can be found in StudioCX, with more series to be added in the coming months. The on-demand environment of the inflight entertainment system is ideally suited to full-season viewing, placing control firmly in the hands of passengers.
November also sees an array of blockbuster movies featuring on StudioCX, along with exciting sports specials covering the world's greatest competitions for golf, motorsports and football, including highlights from the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ and the best of England’s FA Premier League. In addition, to commemorate 50 years since The Beatles first performed, five of the group's albums are playing onboard as part of the 888 CDs available on StudioCX.
Big-name movies for StudioCX in November include:
- Inception, with Leonardo DiCaprio and Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- Salt, with Angelina Jolie and Liev Schreiber
- The Legend is Born – Ip Man, a semi-biographical martial-arts film based on the early life of wing chung master Ip Man
- The Big Boss, to mark what would have been Bruce Lee's 70th birthday in November
StudioCX also features five new arthouse movies in November:
- L'Amour C’est Mieux a Deux (The Perfect Date), in which two men meet a beautiful woman and realise that their different perspectives on dating can help them find love
- The Kids Are All Right, with Julianne Moore and Annette Bening as unconventional parents
- Lennon Naked, with Christopher Eccleston, who is described by the film’s screenwriter as "capturing Lennon, full stop"
- Sherlock: A Study in Pink, a modern take on the Victorian detective
- Get Low, starring Bill Murray as a hermit who throws himself a funeral party while still alive
The audio and video on-demand system of StudioCX offers passengers on all long-haul and some regional flights a choice of 100 movies, more than 350 TV programmes and 888 CDs.